Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FINAL CUSTOM CUT SIGNATURES! + Card Show Pick-ups. SCANS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chisox2008

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
I made the final edits to my customs, and finally printed them and put them together. I personally think they turned out awesome, but that's probably just because I made them. :p So far, I only did 3, but I have 6 more checks that I'm going to cut up. Also, Went to the card show on Sunday, and got a few nice PC cards for a good price. Here are scans of everything: (sorry for the big pics)

Leon Day:
DSCF4937.jpg

Monte Irvin:
DSCF4932.jpg

Duke Snider:
DSCF4938.jpg

And the card show Pickups:

Thome dual patch ($5):
DSCF4933.jpg

Bob Gibson College Greats auto ($12):
DSCF4936.jpg

Bob Feller Auto/jsy w/inscription of US Navy 1941-45 (15):
DSCF4934.jpg

All comments are welcomed!

Thanks,
Chris

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
nice pickups but what did you cut out the windows with...a butterknife? ::facepalm::

chisox2008

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
Halonut said:
nice pickups but what did you cut out the windows with...a butterknife? ::facepalm::

Heh, yeah, that was my only downfall. I used a razor blade with a straight edge, but I'm no professional, so it works for me. But I will say, the pictures make them look worse than they are in person. Thanks,
Chris

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
I like the design of the cuts alot but may I make a suggestion?You should clean up the cuts around the sig window.Try using an exacto knife and a ruler for your cut.

chisox2008

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
hofmichael said:
I like the design of the cuts alot but may I make a suggestion?You should clean up the cuts around the sig window.Try using an exacto knife and a ruler for your cut.

Actually, that's pretty much what I did. This was my first time trying anything like this, and hopefully, I'll get better with more practice!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
chisox2008 said:
Halonut said:

Heh, yeah, that was my only downfall. I used a razor blade with a straight edge, but I'm no professional, so it works for me. But I will say, the pictures make them look worse than they are in person. Thanks,
Chris
This is the type of skill that should be learned through "dry runs" as I stated in a previous thread.

For me, the goal of the customs I build is to make them look as "professional" as possible. And, really, the design is the last part that makes them professional...instead it is the actual creation and execution of the final card.

chisox2008

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
200lbhockeyplayer said:
chisox2008 said:
Halonut said:

Chris
This is the type of skill that should be learned through "dry runs" as I stated in a previous thread.

For me, the goal of the customs I build is to make them look as "professional" as possible. And, really, the design is the last part that makes them professional...instead it is the actual creation and execution of the final card.

Very true. I was hoping you'd comment in this thread as I would like to ask you how you cut the cards out. Do you do the same thing, or is there a better way that I don't know. Plmk. Thanks,
Chris

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
chisox2008 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
chisox2008 said:
Halonut said:

Chris

Very true. I was hoping you'd comment in this thread as I would like to ask you how you cut the cards out. Do you do the same thing, or is there a better way that I don't know. Plmk. Thanks,
Chris
For straight windows, I'll use a knife and ruler...anything elaborate, I have access to a die-cutter.

Also, did you do backs for the cards?

chisox2008

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
Yes, I did do backs. They're nothing special, it's mainly a short summary of the players achievements or highlighting one great year. I will post pics I them as soon as I get home. Thanks for the response.
Chris

Members online

Latest posts