Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Some starting line ups are still bringing in some big coin!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeyV

May 20, 2009
New Orleans
I wish I would have kept mine in the boxes. How is a 8 year old kid supposed to not play with them though? I have tons of them from that first year. Do they sell at all out of the package?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I've been looking to pick up an 88 Testaverde, but no way am I paying the usual $20 they pop up for.

That price is crazy. Wonder why so much...

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Card Magnet said:
I've been looking to pick up an 88 Testaverde, but no way am I paying the usual $20 they pop up for.

That price is crazy. Wonder why so much...

As far as i know, that was a pretty rare regional figure. The big stars like Montana, Rice, Marino Etc. sold across the country, as more obscure players like Fralic just sold in the city they played in and maybe the close surrounding area. So some figures where very hard to get comapred to others and of course this was before the internet, so you had to do a lot of travelling and get lucky or wait for a big show to come to town to get some of these regional players.

JoeyV- As far as "modern" toys, like these starting line ups (and other 80s/90s toys) they do sell out of the packaging, but they sell for a lot less, general rule is usually about 10%-15% of what it would sell for in near mint packaging (so a lot less).

Members online

Latest posts