Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bought my first Ichiro Rookie Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
Bought this Sunday and it just came today. Pretty happy with it, but I don't know if this is bringing me out of my collecting "funk" or not. One thing is for certain, the card will be cracked out of its PSA holder.

ichiro.jpg

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
One of the best cards made in the last decade!!

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
this one was (already cracked out of holder) a PSA 8 that set me back $853 delivered. OUCH! normally i don't get into rookie cards much, but i have always wanted one of these and a pujols chrome rookie. i figure at how those two are playing, prices will only go up, and since i don't do this to make money, i need to buy now. LOL

lisu said:
Great card - I used to have one of those. :) Think it was a PSA 9 that I paid $480.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
rob167 said:
this one was (already cracked out of holder) a PSA 8 that set me back $853 delivered. OUCH! normally i don't get into rookie cards much, but i have always wanted one of these and a pujols chrome rookie. i figure at how those two are playing, prices will only go up, and since i don't do this to make money, i need to buy now. LOL

lisu said:
Great card - I used to have one of those. :) Think it was a PSA 9 that I paid $480.

Just curious, but why take it out of a protective holder??

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
i am completely, 100% anti-slab. i hate slabs and have taken every card i have ever owned out of it's slab (if it was slabbed). the only exception has been the lou gehrig cut autograph that i have. the reason it wasn't cracked out is because no where on the card does it state 1/1 or gehrig's name (other than the cut).

matfanofold said:
rob167 said:

lisu said:

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
rob167 said:
i am completely, 100% anti-slab. i hate slabs and have taken every card i have ever owned out of it's slab (if it was slabbed). the only exception has been the lou gehrig cut autograph that i have. the reason it wasn't cracked out is because no where on the card does it state 1/1 or gehrig's name (other than the cut).

matfanofold said:
rob167 said:

lisu said:

VERY nice card rob, and way to stay anti-slab the only way to be lol. :D