Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player collectors in need of 1995 UD SE/ED Golds in here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
if you need your player.. check the Beckett Marketplace as Burbank has listed basically what looks to be a whole set of them. I picked up my Canseco finally and another board member I pointed to there picked up his two guys.. they also listed the Electric Diamond Golds in the same manner. none are on Ebay.. they are all currently just listed in the marketplace so go check it out and hope you get who you need!!

2wrigley

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Player collectors in need of 1995 UD Special edition Golds

Thanks for posting! I picked up the 1995 Kevin Roberson Electric Diamond Gold, it had been one of my 4 most wanted!

Robert

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.

glad to hear it! I know the feeling of searching for these cards and how crazy it can make a player collector so Im happy to hear it has helped a few people on here. even though its Burbank and I think their prices are outrageous this one time I splurged because of the card in question and its LOOONNNNGGG pack odds. every now and then I will find a way to pony up whats needed for a tough insert like these.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio

Thanks! I just got the Electric Diamond Gold of Tony Clark, finally. One more card to go for 1995...

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
edited title to include the ED golds since people obviously need those too! Burbank should give me a percentage off for the referrals and money thats been spent and will be spent on these cards...

congrats on the Clark pickup

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
tunahead said:
Too bad they want $45 for the SE Gold Ripken... I think I'll pass and keep being patient :)

I paid $6 or so for the Clark. Overpaid, but this is the first Clark I've seen in over 2 years and I wanted it.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I picked up about 11 cards I needed.Not bad.I needed two of their Gold signature cards.I think I paid about $8 a pop on them.Everything else was $3 or less.

One question though...as I was looking I noticed a card they had titled 1996 Flair Gold.What is this?I seem to remember something being said about it before.Anyone care to refresh my memory.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
predatorkj said:
I picked up about 11 cards I needed.Not bad.I needed two of their Gold signature cards.I think I paid about $8 a pop on them.Everything else was $3 or less.

One question though...as I was looking I noticed a card they had titled 1996 Flair Gold.What is this?I seem to remember something being said about it before.Anyone care to refresh my memory.

Much like Finest that year, Flair had a Silver and Gold version of each card in the set. Silver was the base.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Philip J. Fry said:
predatorkj said:

Much like Finest that year, Flair had a Silver and Gold version of each card in the set. Silver was the base.

Hmmm...its not listed in the beckett.Well...I may need to pick it up then.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
predatorkj said:
Philip J. Fry said:
predatorkj said:

Well, I got the info from Beckett. Funny huh?

Released in July, 1996, this 400-card set (produced by Fleer) was issued in one series and sold in seven-card packs at a suggested retail price of $4.99. Gold and Silver etched foil front variations exist for all cards. These color variations were printed in similar quantities and are valued equally. This checklist is for the silver version. The fronts and backs each carry a color action player cut-out on a player portrait background with player statistics on the backs. The cards are grouped alphabetically within teams and checklisted below alphabetically according to teams for each league. Notable Rookie Cards include Tony Batista.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Philip J. Fry said:
predatorkj said:
[quote="Philip J. Fry":249kgebv]
predatorkj said:

Well, I got the info from Beckett. Funny huh?

Released in July, 1996, this 400-card set (produced by Fleer) was issued in one series and sold in seven-card packs at a suggested retail price of $4.99. Gold and Silver etched foil front variations exist for all cards. These color variations were printed in similar quantities and are valued equally. This checklist is for the silver version. The fronts and backs each carry a color action player cut-out on a player portrait background with player statistics on the backs. The cards are grouped alphabetically within teams and checklisted below alphabetically according to teams for each league. Notable Rookie Cards include Tony Batista.
[/quote:249kgebv]

Okeydoke.

I was looking at my Bagwell list.Its not on there.It came from the old beckett though and I think they have added a few things.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
ajw said:
Philip J. Fry said:
Notable Rookie Cards include Tony Batista.

Really?

That's beckett for you.

I hope he didn't think I was just being lazy.Half the time when I click on a certain card in their database, it won't give me a lick of info.At least it used to be that way.It would say "Nothing has been written about this topic yet" or something along those lines.So now...I don't really check too much.I will if I am desperate but it takes so long for my computer to load any of the beckett pages its a real pain.

In any case...thanks for the info Phillip j. Fry!

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
LaneyB said:
I went to check on the Griffey and saw his name, I clicked the link and....Gone. Oh well.
1995 Upper Deck Special Edition Gold #255 Ken Griffey Jr.
Condition: NM-MT
Quantity: 1
Dealer: Burbank Sportscards
$66.60

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
magicpapa said:
LaneyB said:
I went to check on the Griffey and saw his name, I clicked the link and....Gone. Oh well.
1995 Upper Deck Special Edition Gold #255 Ken Griffey Jr.
Condition: NM-MT
Quantity: 1
Dealer: Burbank Sportscards
$66.60

I am still seeing that too but click on it and it'll tell you that it's out of stock. I wouldn't pay that much though.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
we all know with their prices we're overpaying.. I haven't bought a card in a very long time and I made it a point to buy this one of my guy though. its just one of those cards that you know the pack odds made it a tough pull back then let alone 14 years later.

so who else has managed to pick up their guy?

Members online