Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mariners Mets & Indians in a menage a trois

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
he Mariners would receive right-handed pitcher Aaron Heilman, outfielder Endy Chavez and first baseman Mike Carp from the Mets along with outfielder Franklin Gutierrez from the Indians.

Putz, who has been involved in trade rumors for several weeks, would be the eighth-inning setup man for new closer Frankie Rodriguez, and second baseman Luis Valbuena would go the Indians, who also get right-handed pitcher Joe Smith from the Mets in the deal.

Mariners right-handed reliever Sean Green and center fielder Jeremy Reed also would be sent to the Mets in the trade.

The deal is pending physicals for Green, Carp and Reed.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
darocker80 said:
Jeez stacked bull pen, mike carp isi a nice addition to the mariners however.

.....And getting Reed in the trade also helps with the OF depth. He is better than Chavez. I still think the Mets should make a run at Fuentes anyway, and go hard after Hudson. If they could get Jon Garland as well, we will be golden.

Murphy will likely take over at 1st anyway once Delgado is gone, so it isn't like Carp would have gotten a shot anyway.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
I like the trade but I didnt want to give up Carp :cry: I just got this slabbed to.

carpbgs.jpg

Fernando Martinez

Aug 7, 2008
Everyone (including me) really soured on Carp over the past year. He's really a platoon DH in the bigs. Can't play a position or hit lefties.

We basically got Putz for a bunch of below average role players. Chavez can't hit, Heilman can't pitch, but I like Smith. Kind of sucks to lose Cleto though.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Geoff Baker says the Mariners got three additional minor leaguers from the Mets: pitcher Maikel Cleto, outfielder Ezequiel Carrera, and pitcher Jason Vargas.

Vargas is a 2004 BCDP guy who came over from the Marlins.

go_tribe

Aug 15, 2008
buffalo
This is a great trade for Cleveland. We have added some serious pieces to an already super deep bullpen with Wood and now Smith. I don't know much about the 2b prospect, but the last unknown infield prospect we got from Seattle ended up being Asdrubal :D

Im a huge Franklin fan, but he had no value to us other than a 4th OF with gold glove capability. I appreciated his sick defense that he displayed basically every game he got into, but he just never could figure out the bat in Cleveland. Hopefully a change of scenery will help him develop at the plate

G

darocker80 said:
Jeez stacked bull pen, mike carp isi a nice addition to the mariners however.
Wow so do you think I can more is Auto's I have now??

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
go_tribe said:
This is a great trade for Cleveland. We have added some serious pieces to an already super deep bullpen with Wood and now Smith. I don't know much about the 2b prospect, but the last unknown infield prospect we got from Seattle ended up being Asdrubal :D

Im a huge Franklin fan, but he had no value to us other than a 4th OF with gold glove capability. I appreciated his sick defense that he displayed basically every game he got into, but he just never could figure out the bat in Cleveland. Hopefully a change of scenery will help him develop at the plate

I'm with you on that.This trade and the addition of Wood[If Healthy] make a solid bullpen.Now hopefully they will move Peralta to 3rd base and Cabrera to short.

NerfXerks

Aug 7, 2008
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

GOOD BYE AARON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
NerfXerks said:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

GOOD BYE AARON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+infinity

Now all we need is a lf and I would like a new catcher but its fine if they keep Schneider.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Son of a B"..

Jeremy Reed was a good outfielder, but his offensive numbers were so-so..

I'll miss JJ, but the Mariners need to rebuild for the future..

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Please....make Heilman the closer....please...don't make Morrow close...he doesn't want to...I will weep...

Members online