Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about an Ebay issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
So i purchased this card back on the 18th and paid $3.25 to ship it.

!BYfQtYgCGk~$(KGrHgoH-E!EjlLlyV66BKh2RV,,nw~~_12.jpg

well my wife calls me today and tells me that i got a slip stating that there is a package at the PO that has $.40 postage due. The wife tells me the name on the slip on who the package is from and i determine it was the auction for the card above. Now i have to drive 8.5 miles to the PO to pay for the postage due to receive my card.

I contacted the seller stating the issue and asked how my payment of $3.25 for shipping didnt cover the $1.22 that it costs to send a card first class. I also stated how far away the PO is for me and that i would like a complete refund of the $3.25 shipping cost.

I know its petty to make an issue over this small amount of money but it really pissed me off.

Do you think i was wrong in asking for a full refund of what i paid in shipping?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
That is becuase he put it in a Bubble mailer and only put 1 stamp on it.
Or maybe 2 stamps but if it is over 2 ounces it cost at least 1.28-1.42 depending on the weight.
and yes you wonder why your money did not cover the cost.

Stamps I tell you stamps it is.
Happened to me last week, I paid .26 cents on a package. But actaully the guy had free shipping and
only put 2 stamps on the mailer. So .26 to get my card was not that bad, but yes going and getting it is a pain
in the butt.

Mox don't go get it let it go back to the seller since it does not have D/C on it I'm sure as well.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Pine Tar said:
Or maybe 2 stamps but if it is over 2 ounces it cost at least 1.28-1.42 depending on the weight.

probably, i wont be able to go pick it up until friday so i will know for sure then.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
You are absolutely NOT in the wrong to ask for a full refund of S&H charges. This is my own personal policy whenever I receive a package that is short on postage. I just e-mail the seller and tell them that I'm unable go to the post office during the hours that it is open and that forces my wife to drag our baby out and go stand in line to pick up a package that should have delivered right to my mailbox. Most sellers have complied with my request for a full refund of S&H. One or two have given me a little bit of lip about it, but ended up complying. And frankly, I would not hesitate to leave a neg for somebody who didn't comply with the request, although I don't recall ever having to actually do so.

And before anybody asks me how I'd feel if a buyer did that to me as a seller, let me say this -- I always make sure that I have enough postage on a mailer, but I would not hesitate to immediately refund ALL S&H charges if I didn't meet my obligation to adequately post an item. It is just the right thing to do.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
moxacaine said:
Pine Tar said:

probably, i wont be able to go pick it up until friday so i will know for sure then.
Hey if you don't go get it, then they will shipp it back and he well need to pay the postage do as well.

If it was me and I really did not need the card I would just let it go back to the seller.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Happened to me a few weeks ago as well for .64 I think. Luckily my PO is closer than 8 miles! But still stupid.

Weigh it, pay for it, and be done with it. If you're able enough to use ebay, you should be able enough to use the post office!

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
If I pay $2.75 or more for shipping, I expect fully paid shipping WITH delivery confirmation. One card costs $1.78 (if I remember right) to ship through PayPal with DC.

You're fully right in this. If they don't oblige, I'd open a claim and screw them sideways.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Card Magnet said:
If I pay $2.75 or more for shipping, I expect fully paid shipping WITH delivery confirmation. One card costs $1.78 (if I remember right) to ship through PayPal with DC.

You're fully right in this. If they don't oblige, I'd open a claim and screw them sideways.

seller charges extra for DC. :lol:

"IF YOU WOULD LIKE INSURANCE OR DELIVERY CONFIRMATION PLEASE ASK."

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
moxacaine said:
Card Magnet said:

A seller I dealt with a few weeks back had this shipping policy for a single card. 2.99 in a bubble mailer with no DC, 3.99 to include DC, and 5.49 to include insurance on a $30 item. Absurd but i paid it and moved on.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
mredsox89 said:
moxacaine said:
Card Magnet said:

A seller I dealt with a few weeks back had this shipping policy for a single card. 2.99 in a bubble mailer with no DC, 3.99 to include DC, and 5.49 to include insurance on a $30 item. Absurd but i paid it and moved on.

As a buyer, don't ever pay for the DC and/or Insurance if offered, especially if you pay via Paypal.

Paypal will ALWAYS side with the buyer if the item is not proven to be delivered, or if you can prove it was damaged.

Both of those are 100% on the seller.

As a seller, I include DC on anything over $10 and insurance on anything over $50.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Sly said:
mredsox89 said:
moxacaine said:
Card Magnet said:

As a buyer, don't ever pay for the DC and/or Insurance if offered, especially if you pay via Paypal.

Paypal will ALWAYS side with the buyer if the item is not proven to be delivered, or if you can prove it was damaged.

Both of those are 100% on the seller.

As a seller, I include DC on anything over $10 and insurance on anything over $50.

Yea, but for $2 i just didn't feel like having to deal with the claim process if the card never arrived.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Is it that much of a back breaker for sellers to spend the $0.19 extra for DC on PayPal? I guess they just ship using stamps, but I fail to see the logic in it. Does it save you that much?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Card Magnet said:
Is it that much of a back breaker for sellers to spend the $0.19 extra for DC on PayPal? I guess they just ship using stamps, but I fail to see the logic in it. Does it save you that much?
It saves you .40 :D and in this case that will be what it was I'm almost sure of it.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Card Magnet said:

Not everyone using Paypal to ship, a lot of people still go to that wonderful place called the Post Office.

For me personally, as much stuff as I sell on Sportlots that is under $10, it is not worth paying the money for DC (using PO or Paypal or Stamps.com). If someone is that hard up to try and scam me for a sale under $10, I'll gladly refund their money because they apparently need the money more than I do.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Sly said:
Card Magnet said:

Not everyone using Paypal to ship, a lot of people still go to that wonderful place called the Post Office.

For me personally, as much stuff as I sell on Sportlots that is under $10, it is not worth paying the money for DC (using PO or Paypal or Stamps.com). If someone is that hard up to try and scam me for a sale under $10, I'll gladly refund their money because they apparently need the money more than I do.
:lol: I use to say this as well when I delivered pizzas and the bill was 19.80 and the guy would say keep the change.
I would just hand the .20 back and say no thanks you seem to need more then me. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts