Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Adam Lind is having a ridiculous season (3 HRs tonight)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
With his three bombs tonight, he's now up to .305/.369/.562 with 35 HRs and 114 RBI.

Here's his MLB rank in some key stats:

2B- 5th
HR- T-11th
RBI- 6th
Extra Base Hits- T-4th
Total Bases- 6th

And to think he's only been a full-time player for a year and a half. Even crazier that most people haven't noticed.

A shame the Jays have wasted such great seasons from him and Hill (36 HRs).

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
..and the only reason no one cares is because he plays for the Blue Jays, but I'm sure no one wants to hear anyone else beat that dead horse..

Anthony

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
He will definitly get up in the 9th. I have a small stash of him. I'd love it if he hit a 4th

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
lind.jpg

dooly

Feb 9, 2009
They are both doing great...I can see lind continuing with 30+ HR's but I foresee some regression with Hill (I hope its not true though). Hill needs to work on drawing more walks.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
dooly said:
They are both doing great...I can see lind continuing with 30+ HR's but I foresee some regression with Hill (I hope its not true though). Hill needs to work on drawing more walks.

Oh, this is definitely Hill's career year. Actually, the HRs are really the only outlier in an otherwise simply good season. His OBP isn't great, the AVG is right in line with his career, he hasn't doubled a ton. He's just having one of those years where balls that used to go off the wall are going over.

The magical age 27 season strikes again.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Papelbon just threw an inside fastball to Lind and as he tried to back away his elbow got right in front of the pitch. That has got to hurt. If he hadn't dipped his arm/shoulder it probably would have just grazed his jersey

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
there was a BMBer with a "Card Treasury"-esque collection of Lind

there's a guy on ebay right now that went to college with him and has around 40 of Lind's best rookie (2004 sp auto)

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Lind's rookie card prices reflect something I've never understood about prospecting.
Years ago, Lind's '04 rookie card prices were higher than they are now.
Lind is a bonafide Major League star putting up great stats.
Yet his cards are cheaper than when he was a Minor Leaguer with potential.
There are so many examples like this.
It just makes no sense to me.

Members online

Latest posts