Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Daily WEDNESDAY 9/30/09

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Seiya said:
Mornin' everybody, have a 5 page paper due Friday that's driving me nuts.

3007872084_09d386bddc_o.jpg

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Bought some Topps Chrome today. I feel like I get more value out of a trio of blasters than a hobby box. With hobby, you're looking at getting a scrub auto and a copper refractor or two, along with a handful of regular refractors. With blasters, you're looking at getting the handful of refractors as well as coppers, blues and x-fractors. You're only really missing out on the scrub auto, but you're getting more variety. Add all that to the fact that x-fractors are looking about 10 times better this year than last year, and I don't think I'll be buying any more hobby chrome this year.

On a similar note, hobby chrome needs an intermediate refractor between copper and red. Last year, gold filled that slot. Nothing like that this year. Copper has so many copies that it's very readily available and then red is only 25.... seems like a parallel numbered to maybe 300 or so would be great as well.

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
Groat said:
Bought some Topps Chrome today. I feel like I get more value out of a trio of blasters than a hobby box. With hobby, you're looking at getting a scrub auto and a copper refractor or two, along with a handful of regular refractors. With blasters, you're looking at getting the handful of refractors as well as coppers, blues and x-fractors. You're only really missing out on the scrub auto, but you're getting more variety. Add all that to the fact that x-fractors are looking about 10 times better this year than last year, and I don't think I'll be buying any more hobby chrome this year.

On a similar note, hobby chrome needs an intermediate refractor between copper and red. Last year, gold filled that slot. Nothing like that this year. Copper has so many copies that it's very readily available and then red is only 25.... seems like a parallel numbered to maybe 300 or so would be great as well.

what did you pull?

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
From a box and three blasters, I put together roughly 50% of the base set. Johhny Knox auto, Maualuga, Ayers, Freeman and Andre Johnson coppers. Just an assortment of refractors after that.

Members online

Latest posts