Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If Cincinnati runs the table.............

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
Would they get into the National Championship game? After all they are in a "bcs" conference.

Scenario would play out like this:

Bearcats run the table.
OU beats Texas or Bama and Florida will play for the SEC champ so one of them has to lose.
Iowa Loses to michigan or someone else.
Michigan loses to ohio state.

Now this is far fetched, but worse has happened before in the BCS.

One more thing to think about...

Cinci, Boise St, Houston and TCU all have promising schedules where each one could easily run the table. What if all 4 were the only undefeated teams?

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
nobody wants to see Cincy in a title game. Even a one loss UF would go ahead of them. Its all about the
money, won't happen for Cincy

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
While possible, I just don't see it happening even if everything pans out how you described. It just feels like no matter what happens its already set in stone that it will be Florida/ Texas.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
2 things:

First, when I read the title of the thread, I thought you were talking about the Bungles, and I started to laugh, then I realized you were talking about the Bearcats.

Secondly, they won't run the table, PITT will beat them in the last game of the year, crushing their hopes and dreams of a possible national championsip, just like they did to the Mountainqueers 2 years ago.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Ryo1549 said:
Lol my question isn't "Do you think the Bearcats will run the table"....My Question is IF they do will they get in?

Well they won't, so no :lol:

Even if they do, I can't see them getting in, just because the Big East is kinda weak this year. Until they come up with a playoff system, teams that go undefeated from weaker conferences and non BCS conferences will continue to get screwed.

joeyV

May 20, 2009
New Orleans
mstng99tim said:
Ryo1549 said:
Lol my question isn't "Do you think the Bearcats will run the table"....My Question is IF they do will they get in?

Well they won't, so no :lol:

Even if they do, I can't see them getting in, just because the Big East is kinda weak this year. Until they come up with a playoff system, teams that go undefeated from weaker conferences and non BCS conferences will continue to get screwed.

This is true.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
In order for them to get a bid while going perfect, these team MUST have 2 losses:

UF
Texas
Alabama
USC

now what are the chances of that happening? That would involve the SEC championship game being won by a team
with 2 losses against either UF or Bama. Not going to happen.

Kevin

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I would love to see it happen, but I'm not so sure it will. Other teams love having a chance to beat an unbeaten. I agree that UC's schedule seems favorable, but the longer they are undefeated, the more teams are going to gun for them.

Also, even IF they went undefeated and IF they got the additional losses they would need, there's no way they play for a National Title. The main reason for that is the national media outlets pimp the **** out of the their darlings. I mean hell, all Notre Dame has to do is win 5 games (it may be 6) and they are guaranteed some sort of Bowl Game. Newspapers, ESPN, and all other media outlets seem to have conditioned everyone to believe that if you don't come from 1 of 10-15 different schools that A) you had a soft schedule, B) aren't a real program, C) can't compete with the "powerhouses", and D) don't deserve a shot.

I need to quit now. This stuff always pisses me off. It's not just because it's Cincinnati either. I just tired of the fact that a National Championship has to be won by a school from a particular group.

Also, to the Bengals comment (there's no "u" in Bengals ;) ), why is it such a bad thing if they have a good season? They've won 2 of 3 against 3 of the top defenses in the NFL, but "they suck". They'll win at least 7 this year and I wouldn't be surprised to see them win 9 or more.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
muskiesfan said:
I would love to see it happen, but I'm not so sure it will. Other teams love having a chance to beat an unbeaten. I agree that UC's schedule seems favorable, but the longer they are undefeated, the more teams are going to gun for them.

Also, even IF they went undefeated and IF they got the additional losses they would need, there's no way they play for a National Title. The main reason for that is the national media outlets pimp the frack out of the their darlings. I mean hell, all Notre Dame has to do is win 5 games (it may be 6) and they are guaranteed some sort of Bowl Game. Newspapers, ESPN, and all other media outlets seem to have conditioned everyone to believe that if you don't come from 1 of 10-15 different schools that A) you had a soft schedule, B) aren't a real program, C) can't compete with the "powerhouses", and D) don't deserve a shot.

I need to quit now. This stuff always pisses me off. It's not just because it's Cincinnati either. I just tired of the fact that a National Championship has to be won by a school from a particular group.

Also, to the Bengals comment (there's no "u" in Bengals ;) ), why is it such a bad thing if they have a good season? They've won 2 of 3 against 3 of the top defenses in the NFL, but "they suck". They'll win at least 7 this year and I wouldn't be surprised to see them win 9 or more.

Hey man Steelers are called Squealers. Ravens are Ratbirds. Bengals are Bungals. Not like you are the only one that gets that. I hope they win 9 games. Still finish in 3rd place though. Hey you beat them Squealers once though so it is looking up ;) BTW To say you would no be surprised if they win 9 or more seems odd to me. I guess you would be the only one that would not be surprised then. I got 50 paypal to your 25 that they do not win 9. :)

Nate Boise gets by this weekend they will run the table. That won over the ducks is looking beter and better every week. I do not think Cincy will..

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Wheeler- I get it. I just have fun going back and forth with you Steelers fans. That's why I used the little winking smiley. I always figured you guys said "Bungles" because of reading and speaking difficulties. (toally joking). Also, I guess I should have worded that better. I wouldn't be surprised if they won 7-9. If they won more than 9, yeah, I would probably be a little surprised. :lol: I actually enjoy having some Steeler fans on the board here. It's been fun watching you guys be deflated so far this season. ;)

You're on. I will take your bet sir. At the end of the season, anything less than 9 wins and I will PP you $25. If they win 9 or more, you PP me $50.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Seriously man I am not deflated lol. I am not that type of guy. Bigger things in the world then my favortie football team losing a game. It sucks but I would rather have my daughters cheer squad win tournaments or win the blue ribbon during her horse shows then the Steelers win one gameall year. That being said. I never worry on week 3. I predicted 11-5. If they can get to 4-3 or 5-2 by the bye week I am thrilled.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
That's awesome man. Way to prioritize. There are definitely much more important things in life than football. If I say that enough, maybe I'll believe it. j/k :lol:

Seriously though, it's just hard not to be a little excited this year after 3 disappointing seasons in a row. I know we're only heading into Week 4 and I know a lot can happen over the next several weeks. It's just nice to have a winning record for a minute and to be looking decent again.

Vincesanity

Feb 14, 2009
Temple TX
A 1 loss SEC or Big 12 team gets into the game, if there is one of each they get it.....if for some reason they don't then maybe one of those teams can......BYU had the best shot, if they had ran the table i could have seen them getting in no matter what. 1 loss USC gets in too

Members online

Latest posts