Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Matt Kemp on way to historic season

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
I felt Matt was playing well, but I didn't realize how great a season it could possibly be. I read this on the Dodgers site this morning. Not too shabby...

If he can score four more runs and keep his average in the .300s (it's .301 now), he will become the first Dodger in one season to have at least 25 homers, 100 RBIs, 100 runs scored, 25 doubles, 30 steals and hit .300.

He'll also become only the 15th player in history to have such a season, joining the likes of Barry Bonds and Alex Rodriguez, Hank Aaron and Joe Morgan.

Here is the link to the article: http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/news/ ... sp&c_id=la

The funny part is when Randy Wolf says if Pujols wasn't playing so well that Kemp could be the MVP. :)

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
I am a giant fan and a dodger hater but Matt Kemp is unreal. The thing not mentioned in any of those stats is that he probably plays the best centerfield in all of baseball too.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
seitas said:
I am a giant fan and a dodger hater but Matt Kemp is unreal. The thing not mentioned in any of those stats is that he probably plays the best centerfield in all of baseball too.

I'd still take Torii Hunter over him for now probably, and possibly Carlos Beltran. Soon enough, those guys will fade though, and Kemp will be the best of the bunch in CF.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I signed him to a 7-year 118 million contract on MLB show 09. CHA CHING! Easy 30-30 every year.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
darocker80 said:
Sell during the first playoff series? Or hold to see how far they go? I woner if he got hot int he playoffs fast would be best for sale?

Not sure about anyone else, but as for me, I will strike when the iron is hot. If for some reason they lose, it's a long time until next season for the hype to build up again.

Members online

No members online now.