Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gotta love the attention to detail from Panini

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dinicon

Jun 30, 2009
For months Panini has thrown the auto stickers of Chris Wells with #28 signed on his cards with a Cardinals jersey and the NFL #26. Even some subsets of Absolute have the old stickers on them. This card from Absolute, however, has Wells in his OSU jersey with #28...and they put a newer sticker signed #26 on it...

Does it really take that much effort to make them match, WHEN THEY ARE IN THE SAME RELEASE? This company is less than impressive. I feel bad for basketball collectors.

[ebay:30aca9px]350257372473[/ebay:30aca9px]

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
He was those numbers at one point. Not sure what it matters. Would you prefer no number?

Oh and Panini told me 22 days ago they were fulfilling a redemption. Today i get an email, and they asked what I wanted after already saying it was in the mail.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Gellman said:
deceptikon1978 said:
Vincesanity said:
sandwhich makers shouldn't be making cards

:lol:

Give them time. I think the will trump Topps and UD soon if they haven't already.

Yeah no. Thanks for playing though.

Why not? What is Topps and UD doing that is so unbelievably awesome and what is Panini doing that is so awful?

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
deceptikon1978 said:
Gellman said:
deceptikon1978 said:
Vincesanity said:
sandwhich makers shouldn't be making cards

:lol:

Give them time. I think the will trump Topps and UD soon if they haven't already.

Yeah no. Thanks for playing though.

Why not? What is Topps and UD doing that is so unbelievably awesome and what is Panini doing that is so awful?

Panini is at the bottom of the barrel for design and concept. I have yet to see a Panini product that actually looks well designed this year. UD and Topps have all had great products to counteract their flops. Panini is all bad all the time. Yeah, they have jumbo swatches, but the cards are ******* ugly. For people that only care about the relics on the card and not what the card actually looks like, then Panini is for them. For those of us who actually want good looking cards, especially ones that arent printed on rainbow foilboard, Panini sucks.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Gellman said:
Panini is at the bottom of the barrel for design and concept. I have yet to see a Panini product that actually looks well designed this year. UD and Topps have all had great products to counteract their flops. Panini is all bad all the time. Yeah, they have jumbo swatches, but the cards are fracking ugly. For people that only care about the relics on the card and not what the card actually looks like, then Panini is for them. For those of us who actually want good looking cards, especially ones that arent printed on rainbow foilboard, Panini sucks.

Dude I get it you don't like Panini. To be honest there hasn't really been a product from anyone this year that really blew me away so far. I just don't see UD and Topps being light years ahead of Panini. Every single year each company puts out a handful of decent products and then a truckload of garbage, and it hasn't changed this year.

dinicon

Jun 30, 2009
There are a few Panini cards I like in my collection. I like the School Colors autos (at least they are on-card). I like the Gridiron Kings autos and even auto patches. I'm tired, however, of looking at multiple parallels /1 /10 /25 /50 /100 /250 of the exact same card, and stopped putting together sets of these.

Point of the post is the auto stickers with college and pro numbers could be appropriately applied to the relevant picture, particularly when the set released has cards of both. To completely mix them up is lazy and shows poor attention to detail...aren't the people putting the sets out there supposed to be trying?

Perhaps my outlook is skewed because I chose to collect Chris Wells. I haven't done the research to see if they've swapped others who sign their numbers in this manner. Maybe all the Percy Harvins and Donald Browns are perfectly matched and I should just drop it.

Irtazman

Apr 7, 2009
justinmandawg said:
He was those numbers at one point. Not sure what it matters. Would you prefer no number?

Oh and Panini told me 22 days ago they were fulfilling a redemption. Today i get an email, and they asked what I wanted after already saying it was in the mail.

Wow you're lucky. I've had a redemption in for almost two years. They sent me an antrell rolle silver signatures auto in place of my card without asking. I emailed and asked what it was from and they set the set was made specifically for replacing redemptions. Horrible. Be glad you get a choice

Members online

Latest posts