Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would you want Nick Swisher?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I remember reading an article in Baseball Weekly before Nick Swisher had a full season in stating he would win a batting title. They were predicting who would eventually win an HR crown, Cy Young, MVP, etc.

Nick Swisher was picked by the writers to win a batting title. I remember that b/c I played against him in college and was like "wow" that's an honor...

Anyway, it doesn't appear he's going to EVER do that. But he can be very useful.

His career HIGH average is .262 but career average is .245 and OPS is .865 yet career is .817. History tells you he's going to hit 25 HR and walk 90 times a season.

He doesn't have a definitive defensive position. Would you want him on your team?

I have my opinion but I'm interested in others first....

BTW, I would rather him play for any other team but the frickin' Stankees.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Also please....Yankee fans....try to think outside the box here. I know you love him b/c of what he's done this year but think long term and his past...

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
he is a really fun guy who has a great personallity and really enjoys the game. the yankees didnt give up much to get him and he has around 30 hrs for them. strikes out a lot but also walks a lot. a little streaky too. overall though, I like him on the yankees

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
yah my opinion would be the same. he can def contribute to a good team, especially with his character and work ethic.

numba1yankeefan said:
he is a really fun guy who has a great personallity and really enjoys the game. the yankees didnt give up much to get him and he has around 30 hrs for them. strikes out a lot but also walks a lot. a little streaky too. overall though, I like him on the yankees

guzman4cy

Aug 18, 2009
As a Cubs fan Id take him on our team. He's a hustle guy who loves to play the game, knows how to hit the long ball, and gets his fair share of walks.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
I think he is what he is. He's a very good (not great) role player.

Certainly not the type of guy you would build a team around, but put him in a mix with the right guys and he can be very useful. I personally like his patience at the plate. He walks a lot and has a good OBP. He also seems like a really fun guy to be around, which could help create good clubhouse chemistry.

I'm happy with him.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I've been wanting him back with the Sox, as I became a fan of his.

Heck, after seeing him step in to pitch, I would have taken him over Colon or Contreras.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Yes I would. He is a solid major leaguer and you know pretty much exactly what you're going to get as far as production.

Alex

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
thenumberonemetfan said:
numba1yankeefan said:
i dont know why everyone keep saying he is a DH, he has played right field for the yankees all year

Doesnt mean hes done a good job

:lol:

Does he still wear number 30 with the Yankees? If so does he still go by the nickname "Dirty 30" or was that just with the White Sox?

Members online