Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay problem? Need opinions....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeattlefantillIdie

Oct 2, 2008
KENMORE, WASHINGTON
I have bought a lot of cards from a guy who has feedback of 764 and 100% positive.

BUT, here's the thing, someone w/ a feedback of 11 just bumped up the bid at the last second to the EXACT amount that was my max bid. Doing some poking around I find this:

moparjuhl( 1375Feedback score is 1000 to 4,999) US $10.50
Dec-11-08 05:14:20 PST

2***s( 11Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $10.49
Dec-11-08 06:56:50 PST

Starting Price US $9.99
Dec-04-08 07:20:14 PST

OK, I know it's not much, but I look around at the seller w/ 11 feedback and he has:

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 50
Items bid on: 16
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%
Bid retractions: 0
Bid retractions (6 months): 2

WHAT!!! 100% bid activity w/ this seller!!! HMMMMM......
SO, then I go to the seller w/ the 764 and I find this:

jdrews4206 ( 11 )
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jdrews4206&ftab=AllFeedback
NOW, I hate to call out the original seller, but if you look at ALL 11 feedback, it is ONLY from the seller!
I ALSO REALIZE that the auction was only run up less than a dollar, but it's the principle of doing the right thing, right? What if I had put $30 or $40 as my max bid? I'm just wondering if this seems reportable or just something to forget.
Thanks for any and all opinions!
Eric

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Ebay proved they didn't care about the bidders when they went to hiding the ID's.. shill bidding was a trackable problem before but now it happens with almost everything because you cannot put an ID with the shill bidder any longer.. Ebay saved themself the aggrevation of answering the numerous emails they probably got from people complaining about shill bidders by doing this... but they gave the honest buyers the chorice at the same time.

SeattlefantillIdie

Oct 2, 2008
KENMORE, WASHINGTON
1st4040 said:
Ebay proved they didn't care about the bidders when they went to hiding the ID's.. shill bidding was a trackable problem before but now it happens with almost everything because you cannot put an ID with the shill bidder any longer.. Ebay saved themself the aggrevation of answering the numerous emails they probably got from people complaining about shill bidders by doing this... but they gave the honest buyers the chorice at the same time.

WELL, that's great to hear! Why am I not surprised! "We just want a portion of your money, we turn a blind eye to everything else!"
GOOD GOD!

Members online

Latest posts