Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brendan Shanahan steps aside? retires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Brendan Shanahan announced today that he would step aside from the New Jersey Devils. he signed a one year deal with the Devils on August 5th. he did not announce his retirement only stating that he will spend the next few weeks with his family and then decide on his future.

"When I signed this past summer, Lou Lamoriello, Jacques Lemaire, and I agreed that if we were unable to find a suitable fit in which I would be able to compete and contribute at the level I expect from myself, then I would simply step aside," said Shanahan in the statement. "I have great respect for Lou, Jacques, and the entire Devils' organization. This decision is both mutual and amicable."

unfortunately for Shanahan I think the game has passed him by. he had a very good career and contributed to every team he played for.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
One of the all time great and first modern power forwards. He had a great career, i would suspect he is a first ballot Hofer, he had amazing career stats (1524 GP, 656 G, 698 A, 1384 TP).

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I agree Bilko he will without a doubt be a first ballot Hall of Famer. I was happy to see him return to the Devils last season and think he should definitely retire a Devil.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
I remember when he came to Hartford. I was ticked because we traded Pronger for him.
He had a good year here but held us hostage and got traded out of town for Coffey,Primeau and
I think Chiasson (RIP)? Turned out to be a good trade but Coffey only played 6 games but Primeau and Chiasson
where good fits but sorry to say the Whalers let town 2 years later and won the cup not too long after that.

Members online

Latest posts