Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Show-off your BEST and WORST redemption replacements!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chisox2008

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
Well I'm anxiously awaiting a repacenent from UD and thought this would be a fun topic. Please share what you had a redemption for and what you got instead. Either requested or not. Scans would be great as well.

Currently, I have none but hoping for a good one soon!

Thanks,
Chris

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
i forget (thankfully) with the specifics but i remember opening them replacements and just crying in the corner afterwards. lol!

today, i actually got a replacement from upper deck and am not too happy with them

it's basketball - patrick ewing jumbo patch auto #/5 (dude doesn't sign at all) - bird auto (sells for like $70 at most), bill russell auto (sells for like $100 at most) and rose/beasley dual auto (sells around $100 at most if i recall)

i wanted a one for one here but they sent me 3 cards instead and i didn't even request any celtics

im more of a quality over quantity type guy so this is a big loss either way

dave

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
Redeemed:

2005 UD Origins Carlos Beltran auto SP/5

Received:

2005 UD Origins Gold Miguel Cabrera auto #d/5

That is the only one I remember all of the specifics for, I wasn't happy.

TraderJake

Aug 7, 2008
Even though it is down from where it was it was still nice to get a Chris Davis EEE instead of a DJ Strawberry (even though I'm a Terps fan)

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
daveyou said:
i forget (thankfully) with the specifics but i remember opening them replacements and just crying in the corner afterwards. lol!

today, i actually got a replacement from upper deck and am not too happy with them

it's basketball - patrick ewing jumbo patch auto #/5 (dude doesn't sign at all) - bird auto (sells for like $70 at most), bill russell auto (sells for like $100 at most) and rose/beasley dual auto (sells around $100 at most if i recall)

i wanted a one for one here but they sent me 3 cards instead and i didn't even request any celtics

im more of a quality over quantity type guy so this is a big loss either way

dave

Someone had one of these replaced on the football board......they got a couple cards i don't remember i believe they were peyton manning. Then 3 Jim Kelly auto's and a Brett Favre auto. All on card and all low numbered........so i think you're def. justified to ask them for more.

A bit of a side note - Did UD ever actually switch the process to where you can choose what you want? I haven't had anything outstanding for a while so I'm not sure.....I just remembered a while ago they kept saying that feature was coming and it had not yet.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Whenever I feel like getting kicked in the nads, I search eBay for Upper Deck redemption cards.

Tom

jeremy

Aug 7, 2008
YOU KNOW
i43770 said:
Redeemed:

Received:

WOW

guess you cant please everyone, imo miggy is 10X the player beltran is

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
jeremy said:
i43770 said:
Redeemed:

Received:

WOW

better player yes, $ wise, not even close

this was a set collector series and beltran was the only sp on that list. a very few had this set completed without the beltran and would have paid handsomely for it

dave

oh, and i too had that card redeemed and got a replacement. i dont remember what i got back but it was not even close to what i had spent on the redemption

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Back in 2005 I had a huge Caddy collection. I pulled and traded for one of the ROY predictors early in the
season. Upper Deck came out early and said the prize would be and autograph card of the winning ROY.
Later on in the season when it looked like Caddy was wrapping it up, UD got shaky knees and started to
back peddle on it. Beckett runs a quick article and at the end of it mentions that the winning cards would
be redeemed for random autos!

Well I caused a major uproar on the message boards, so much that some beckett employees got involved but
I was smart, I had kept correspondace I had with Chris Carlin at UD saying that the winning would receive
a Caddy auto. I demanded two Caddy autos which at the end of the season were hot cards.

Carlin told me that I would get something good but I just needed to wait. I was nice about it and one day long
after everyone else got random autos for their predictor winners, I get a box in the mail

I open it and it is a Michael Jordan autographed Wizards Jersey. That was probably the only time I was ever
happy with a replacment, what made me follow it so long and hard was getting screwed the previous year
on get this:
A Joe Dimaggio Autograph Poster redemption....they instead gave me 5 packs of SAP baseball.

Kevin

beberly

Aug 7, 2008
Binghamton, NY
schmidtfan20 said:
Back in 2005 I had a huge Caddy collection. I pulled and traded for one of the ROY predictors early in the
season. Upper Deck came out early and said the prize would be and autograph card of the winning ROY.
Later on in the season when it looked like Caddy was wrapping it up, UD got shaky knees and started to
back peddle on it. Beckett runs a quick article and at the end of it mentions that the winning cards would

Well I caused a major uproar on the message boards, so much that some beckett employees got involved but
I was smart, I had kept correspondace I had with Chris Carlin at UD saying that the winning would receive
a Caddy auto. I demanded two Caddy autos which at the end of the season were hot cards.

Carlin told me that I would get something good but I just needed to wait. I was nice about it and one day long
after everyone else got random autos for their predictor winners, I get a box in the mail

I open it and it is a Michael Jordan autographed Wizards Jersey. That was probably the only time I was ever
happy with a replacment, what made me follow it so long and hard was getting screwed the previous year
on get this:
A Joe Dimaggio Autograph Poster redemption....they instead gave me 5 packs of SAP baseball.

Kevin

For those of us who might be a tad bit ignorant, what "Caddy" short for?

1995BBRefractorGuy

Dec 20, 2008
beberly said:
schmidtfan20 said:

on get this:

Kevin

+1?

And wouldn't a Beltran /5 be worth less than a Miggy /5 from the same set, regardless if they say it is a sp, they are both /5 right?

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
beberly said:
schmidtfan20 said:

on get this:

Kevin

I believe Cadillac Williams, Buccaneers RB.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
1995BBRefractorGuy said:
beberly said:
schmidtfan20 said:

on get this:

Kevin

+1?

And wouldn't a Beltran /5 be worth less than a Miggy /5 from the same set, regardless if they say it is a sp, they are both /5 right?

the beltran was in the regular auto subset with a print run of #/5 while the miggy had the regular version and the gold version that he received. the gold versions were all #/5

does that make sense?

basically, there were 10 total beltran autos from 05 origins and they didn't produce them. for the set collectors of that auto set, that was the grail

dave

1995BBRefractorGuy

Dec 20, 2008
daveyou said:
1995BBRefractorGuy said:
beberly said:
schmidtfan20 said:

on get this:

Kevin

+1?

the beltran was in the regular auto subset with a print run of #/5 while the miggy had the regular version and the gold version that he received. the gold versions were all #/5

does that make sense?

basically, there were 10 total beltran autos from 05 origins and they didn't produce them. for the set collectors of that auto set, that was the grail

dave

ah, i see, that does suck then.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
1995BBRefractorGuy said:

That is the exact same argument UD gave me, they are both limited to 5, so what is the difference.

And at the time, same serial numbered, similar sets, Beltran was selling for a little more than Cabrera. But since Beltran hadn't signed anything for UD in years, I only had DLP and Topps stuff to compare and UD said that they didn't care what other companies cards sold for.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
daveyou said:
jeremy said:
i43770 said:
Redeemed:

Received:

WOW

better player yes, $ wise, not even close

this was a set collector series and beltran was the only sp on that list. a very few had this set completed without the beltran and would have paid handsomely for it

dave

oh, and i too had that card redeemed and got a replacement. i dont remember what i got back but it was not even close to what i had spent on the redemption

+1

I would have paid a lot for the Beltran,I would expect it to go for around 50.00 if it did come out.

Members online