Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT: One of THE cards from 2009-10 Exquisite Basketball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I think I may be in love...

Michael Jordan/Lebron James Dual Patch Auto /23

!BbuM7qg!Wk~$(KGrHqMH-EMEquj!V8QNBK)S89VMeQ~~_12.jpg

[ebay:19vdypfv]180414574674[/ebay:19vdypfv]

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
nikateen said:
mredsox89 said:
:eek: :shock:

Predictions on price?

10k?

$10k? Are you kidding me? $1500-$2k tops..

It's funny, this card will probably sell for more just because it came from a more expensive box.

Virtually the same card from last year's set can be had right now for what may be lower than you think:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

Honestly, Tiger is the only athlete whose autograph will command anywhere near $10k, perhaps because he's the first athlete in history to earn over one billion dollars in his career, and he's only 33 years old.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4524640

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
who thinks they should switch the placement of the two patches. yes, each patch is under the player's auto, but it look's kind of weird with jordan's patch touching lebron's picture. just my two cents

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
nikateen said:
mredsox89 said:

Predictions on price?

10k?

That price is about right, like brouthercard just posted, while this is a great card, its nothing new, there are already a ton of Jordan/Lebron dual cards like this, not to mention the exact same card #ed to 23, has been in Exquisite every year since 04/05.

The Big cards out of this new exquisite product will be the Tigers, some dual autos from combined sports (Tiger/Jordan, Jordan/Gretzky, Crosby/Lebron etc.) and all the /25 Exquisite "Rookie" patches of players like Jordan, Gretzky, Crosby, John Elway Gordie Howe, Steve Yzerman Etc. will be very hot.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
brouthercard said:
nikateen said:
mredsox89 said:

Predictions on price?

10k?

It's funny, this card will probably sell for more just because it came from a more expensive box.

Virtually the same card from last year's set can be had right now for what may be lower than you think:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

Honestly, Tiger is the only athlete whose autograph will command anywhere near $10k, perhaps because he's the first athlete in history to earn over one billion dollars in his career, and he's only 33 years old.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4524640

Totally agree, it has always been interesting phenomenon in my mind to see just what you said. Cards sell for more if they are from expensive boxes.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
Warren's All Stars said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
It's still just a basketball card...something that completely misses me.

The T206 Wagner is just a baseball card~

While I get your point....one thing to take into consideration with modern cards, there is the potential for nearly unlimited Jordan/Lebron dual patch/autograph cards to be produced which will potentially drive down the value over time.

This is basically what happened to the first game-used cards of modern players....price declined as supply increased....eventually flooding the market. While I would like to own that card, I don't see a reason to pay such a high price when both players will be signing for the foreseeable future....and prices should come down as a result.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
muchuckwagon said:
This is basically what happened to the first game-used cards of modern players....price declined as supply increased....eventually flooding the market. While I would like to own that card, I don't see a reason to pay such a high price when both players will be signing for the foreseeable future....and prices should come down as a result.

Totally agree...the only GU or signature cards that really should maintain their value over time are the ones of really old dead guys. Even guys like Mantle...there is a pretty good supply of fabric...especially when you start including things like coats in there.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
Last night saw a lebron buyback auto from 10 exq. What's funny was that it's a base card from 08-09 exquisite numbered to \125 that was auto'ed. Lol. Bought back a product that released a month ago. Hehe. However, it looks fantastic! So far, not too impressed with the price point and design. Thank goodness allen pulled a mj scripted swatches auto from his case last night. Dave

Members online

Latest posts