Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
He already has 2 negative feedback. I will describe details tonite, but I just wanted to make sure no one makes any deals with him. I also have the feeling he is a kid...but not sure how he has access to paypal if that is the case.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Word of warning. Do not deal with board member BOOMETS

He has a few things thast I want, could you please elaborate as to what the problem is? He has to send first so I am not worried about loosing any of my cards if I deal with him. I just dont like supporting dishonest people on the boards.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul

I got bombarded by PMs from him when he heard I had a Jeter autograph - I didn't even want to trade it, but he seriously flooded my mailbox with trade requests for all of these "incoming" cards. When I told him I would only consider Andy Pettitte in trade, he told me about these "sick" Papelbon patches, etc. He was one of the first people I interacted with on here, and I almost left because of him.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada

jumbojohnny said:
He has a few things thast I want, could you please elaborate as to what the problem is? He has to send first so I am not worried about loosing any of my cards if I deal with him. I just dont like supporting dishonest people on the boards.

This is all that comes up:

feedback.php?mode=feedback&username=boomets

Would you trade with someone knowing that theres a 25% chance things will get messed up?

Dont know the guy, but its probably not worth the time an effort!

WaxHeaven

Nov 7, 2008
Florida

Yeah, not a big surprise considering how he is on the forum.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania

Age doesn't matter with PayPal. All you need to do is use your parent's credit card to activate it. They don't make sure the name on the account and the credit card match.

I had one when I was 16.

Don't forget to leave negative feedback for this one too.

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008

I think he had one of those warnings on SCF, but a different username.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio

Message a MOD also. He does have a send first icon but that's essentially for trades, not transactions made through Paypal.

He was last online today and last posted on the 29 bumping his own thread. Will be interesting to see if he can come clean.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island

I bought a $3 card from him a few days ago so not too worried. He was trying to get me to buy more claiming he really needs money but glad I stopped at $3.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008

I have traded with many people, some good some bad, I try to be objective to whatever the circumstances are. If I were to trade with him, and he sent first, and I got the cards ok, then I send mine out...trade is good. If he doesnt send, what do I loose? Nothing. I dont let people's overzealous mannerisms bother me. He can be very annoying I know.

JzWand said:
jumbojohnny said:

This is all that comes up:

feedback.php?mode=feedback&username=boomets

Would you trade with someone knowing that theres a 25% chance things will get messed up?

Dont know the guy, but its probably not worth the time an effort!

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut

I made an offer on a lot of Yankees GU and Auto cards and he was RELENTLESS with PM's after that... finally I had to tell him that my offer was my offer, no negotiating, nothing left to say. Pretty annoying overall, now I'm glad I didn't get anything done.

boomets

Jul 17, 2009

numba1yankeefan said:
I bought a $3 card from him a few days ago so not too worried. He was trying to get me to buy more claiming he really needs money but glad I stopped at $3.

Did u get the card yet?
should be there any day

boomets

Jul 17, 2009

Philip J. Fry said:
Message a MOD also. He does have a send first icon but that's essentially for trades, not transactions made through Paypal.

He was last online today and last posted on the 29 bumping his own thread. Will be interesting to see if he can come clean.

Come clean about what?

I am trying to get my issue resolved with HOFAUTOS

and he should have his money back tonight

Melancon Collector should have his card soon

And i had a big sale with TRADEMHIgh
and send out the package with dc a few days ago

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008

With all thats been said, we have been informed not to deal with boomets...but not why. If you are going to publicly call out of member, atleast give the reasons as to why you are doing it in the first place.

boomets

Jul 17, 2009

I can tell you why
HOFAUTOS paid $40 for dvds.

I took the money when i shoudlnt have, knowing i wouldnt be able to send for a few more days
i should have told him i would send first

and then he could send the money when he gets the dvds

but i didnt

he filed a paypal claim so my balance shows a negative $40
but i dont know how to refund the money to him
does anyone know anything about paypal, able to help me?

plmk thanks

boomets

Jul 17, 2009

Hey

Thanks everyone

I just figured out how to send him a refund

A refund was sent and he should have the money back

I will send the dvds when i can, and when he gets them, he can send the money

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008