Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

does CC get CY if he gets # 20 tonight?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
I know Greinke is a good choice, but if CC is dominant tonight, he may have a case.
thoughts?

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
I think it needs to be made clear that Greinke is the most deserving pitcher for the award. That said, I could definitely see the VOTERS choosing CC if he hits 20.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Nope, its Greinkes. In the NL last year webb was the only 20+ game winner (at 22 wins) and had around the same ERA as CC and lost.

However, if CC had a sub 3 era, something around 2.80 and 20 wins then it'd could go either way. With Greinkes low ERA at 2.06 and 16 wins, it has to be him, IMO.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
George_Calfas said:
No, Zack's numbers were great and I see the writers voting against CC due to NY.
Because of run support? Like if Zack had a better offensive team he could be at 20+ wins and CC has 20 wins because of run support (and that he has pitched a stellar year, why couldn't zito perform like this in his first year as a Giant :lol: ).

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
bikerider60 said:
CC is in the AL East ...toughest division in Baseball. I say YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is a lot of truth to this.

Every single pitch Sabathia has thrown this season has been under pressure...and it could be argued that Greinke never threw a single pressure pitch.

All of the projections of, "if Greinke was on the Yankees he'd have X wins" are preposterous. Greinke had some issues simply by pitching in the majors, let alone dealing with the New York media.

Realistically, I think Greinke wins, but it could be argued for Sabathia.

dooly

Feb 9, 2009
200lbhockeyplayer said:
bikerider60 said:
CC is in the AL East ...toughest division in Baseball. I say YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every single pitch Sabathia has thrown this season has been under pressure...and it could be argued that Greinke never threw a single pressure pitch.

All of the projections of, "if Greinke was on the Yankees he'd have X wins" are preposterous. Greinke had some issues simply by pitching in the majors, let alone dealing with the New York media.

So what would greinke have to do to win ? He can't control who he pitches for. Would he have to have an era below 1 before people think he deserves it?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
dooly said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
bikerider60 said:

So what would greinke have to do to win ? He can't control who he pitches for. Would he have to have an era below 1 before people think he deserves it?
As I stated, I think Greinke wins, but I do believe that a case could be made for Sabathia right now, especially if he gets win #20 right now.

And yes, I understand that Greinke can't control who he pitches for, just like I can't control the historical infatuation with being a "20-game winner" for a season or 300+ for a career. 300 wins for a career is the key entry guarantee to the HOF for pitchers...an automatic free pass. Clearly wins have value, and a lot of pull.

If Sabathia "just" had 20 wins, I think it would be more cut and dry for Greinke, but he has a lot more than just wins.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
200lbhockeyplayer said:
bikerider60 said:

Ye and he got over the social anxiety disorder (or so it seems) which is extremely difficult to do. So who's to say Sabathia has more pressure? The man is set for life with his massive contract. He has an excellent track record. He might be the coolest person out there. In my mind the award should go to the best pitcher/best stats, and Greinke is the leader. Greinke is battling personal demons, and the personal pressure to even go out onto the mound. Plus he's young, and he is battling to make it in a tough league. I'm sure he wants a Sabathia type contract someday.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I really don't see anyone else cracking #1 and #2 other than Greinke and Sabathia (and probably in that order).

Verlander and Felix have had great seasons, but if I had to guess on the final voting for AL Cy Young it would be:
1. Greinke
2. Sabathia
3. Hernandez
4. Verlander
5. Halladay

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
coltsnsox07 said:
I see someone's in post season form tonight already...

I WAS JUST GONNA post the same thing, but it looks like those runs were unearned, but still, greinke has it sown up now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts