Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

if this is what it would take to land jake peavy...i'm game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
according to the angels website, the halos have had talks regarding jake peavy. san diego is looking for a package including brandon wood, nick adenhart and kevin jepsen. if the halos were able to pull this off, here is how we would line up as of today.

c-napoli/mathis
1b-morales
2b-kendrick
3b-figgins
ss-aybar/izturis
lf-willits
cf-torii hunter
rf-vlad
dh-rotating b/n vlad, napoli, quinlan and gary matthews

rotation
1.peavy
2.lackey
3.saunders
4.santana
5.weaver

pen
shields
arredondo
oliver
spiere
moesley
bulger

we still need a power bat but with that pitching staff, i'd be confident if the season were to start tomorrow.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
If Brandon Wood still has trade value, package him up.

Of that group, I'm probably most hesitant of giving up Jepsen.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
If Brandon Wood still has trade value, package him up.

Of that group, I'm probably most hesitant of giving up Jepsen.

agreed. he is a legit power arm. "if" adenhart ever regains his control, he still wouldn't come close to what peavy has to offer. as for wood, i have never had huge expectations for him but i think if he plays everyday he could put up .265 25 80 type #s...albeit with 200+ k's :lol:

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
yet another Peavy rumor that is less valuable than what the Padres turned down from the braves reportedly... this has been one of the strangest, most public hot stove (non) deals I can ever remember

Wes

OG
Administrator
abravesfan said:
yet another Peavy rumor that is less valuable than what the Padres turned down from the braves reportedly... this has been one of the strangest, most public hot stove (non) deals I can ever remember

Reminiscent of what the Twins turned down from the Red Sox and Yankees only to take less from the Mets.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
abravesfan said:

what was the braves offer? while wood and adenhart slipped a bit, they were both top 20 prospects the last few seasons accoding to most minor league publications.

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
Halonut said:
abravesfan said:

what was the braves offer? while wood and adenhart slipped a bit, they were both top 20 prospects the last few seasons accoding to most minor league publications.

Yunel Escobar, Gorkys Hernandez, Charlie Morton, and a fourth player (rumored Jeff Locke or Blaine Boyer)

If it was Adenhardt and Wood coming off their best minor league systems, they would have been more valuable, but Escobar alone has more value than either now

Members online

Latest posts