Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps announces AFLAC autographs in 09 BCDP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
The announcement came just a few minutes ago that AFLAC Autographs would indeed be a part of 09 bcdp

BbgplGQmkKGrHqYH-EYEqvrs-RWBKwVYkyO.jpg

AFLAC AUTOGRAPHS

1 Brooks Pounders Pittsburgh Pirates
2 Jiovanni Miller Houston Astros
3 Max Stassi Oakland Athletics
4 Zack Wheeler San Francisco Giants
5 Neil Ramirez Texas Rangers
6 Robert Stock St. Louis Cardinals
7 Sequoyah Stonecipher Florida Marlins
8 Donovan Tate San Diego Padres
9 Tyler Matzek Colorado Rockies

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
cgilmo said:
Donovan Tate

San Diego Padres

We have a Boras sighting. :mrgreen:

Hopefully they'll give him a Bowman Chrome Draft auto as well.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
A few other names I would have liked to have seen were:

Michael Burgess, Kentrail Davis, Justin Jackson, Luke Bailey, Mychal Givens, Ian Krol, Keyvius Sampson, Matt Davidson, Slade Heathcott, Kyrell Hudson, Jacob Turner, Everett Williams

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ahhh, I just found something more. Surprised you didn't post this, Chris.

"The autographed AFLAC cards, which are sequentially numbered to 248 or less, are additional hits in the product above and beyond the guaranteed one Chrome Prospect Autograph per box."

EDIT: And one other observation I've noticed: Card # 85 (autographed Bowman Chrome Draft) Chad Jenkins (Blue Jays) has been replaced with Steven Matz (Mets).

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
This is helping me edge closer to preordering a case. Here's hoping that the aflacs fall two per case like last year instead of the advertised one per.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Jaypers said:

"The autographed AFLAC cards, which are sequentially numbered to 248 or less, are additional hits in the product above and beyond the guaranteed one Chrome Prospect Autograph per box."

EDIT: And one other observation I've noticed: Card # 85 (autographed Bowman Chrome Draft) Chad Jenkins (Blue Jays) has been replaced with Steven Matz (Mets).

it's in the blog entry on the main page

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
cgilmo said:
Jaypers said:

I meant in this thread, but that works.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Jaypers said:
cgilmo said:
Jaypers said:

I meant in this thread, but that works.

now now, if I posted everything there would be no room for others to contribute :grouphug:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Gotta admit, Topps is doing their best to make it harder for me not to snag any wax.

But they're not quite there yet.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
jbone17 said:
What will he Tate AFLAC end at if he has no other autos in 2009 and he mashes in the AFL. I would say 200-300?
Tate isn't really playing in the AFL, he is playing in the Instructional league.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
200lbhockeyplayer said:
jbone17 said:
What will he Tate AFLAC end at if he has no other autos in 2009 and he mashes in the AFL. I would say 200-300?
Tate isn't really playing in the AFL, he is playing in the Instructional league.

Ah okay, but with the hype around him this card will end pretty high IMO since he may not have a chrome auto. If this is his only auto in 2009, than look out.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Jaypers said:
A few other names I would have liked to have seen were:

Michael Burgess, Kentrail Davis, Justin Jackson, Luke Bailey, Mychal Givens, Ian Krol, Keyvius Sampson, Matt Davidson, Slade Heathcott, Kyrell Hudson, Jacob Turner, Everett Williams

Me too JP.
I Did just add this though right before the signing for pretty cheap ;) :
Givens2008UpperDeckUSATeamPatchBlue.jpg

Wish I could add some more nice ones to go along with these:
/20
Givens2008USATeamPatch06-20.jpg

/99
Givens2008UpperDeckUSATeamPatch22-9.jpg

and the big one:
Givens2008USAJuniorNationalTeamAuto.jpg

Members online

Latest posts