Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

miguel cabrera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
yea, bizarre case considering the team had to pick him at at the police station. I'm hoping that if the Tigers beat the Twins tomorrow this doesn't affect Cabrera in the playoffs

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
mredsox89 said:
yea, bizarre case considering the team had to pick him at at the police station. I'm hoping that if the Tigers beat the Twins tomorrow this doesn't affect Cabrera in the playoffs

It shouldn't. Without all the details and only going by what was written it doesn't appear he wasn't caught driving while intoxicated, it's presumed he drove himself home (probably did). Also, there was no mention of any marks on his wife only marks on his face. So doubtful battery charges will be filed and he wasn't arrested on the spot for domestic violence.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
NYCrulesU said:
mredsox89 said:

It shouldn't. Without all the details and only going by what was written it doesn't appear he wasn't caught driving while intoxicated, it's presumed he drove himself home (probably did). Also, there was no mention of any marks on his wife only marks on his face. So doubtful battery charges will be filed and he wasn't arrested on the spot for domestic violence.

Per ESPN
DETROIT -- Police in suburban Detroit say Miguel Cabrera and his wife got into a fight at their home over the weekend after the Tigers slugger came home drunk around 5 a.m.

Cabrera
Birmingham Police Chief Richard Patterson said Monday that Cabrera's wife called 911 at 6 a.m. Saturday, requesting police assistance. Miguel Cabrera opened the door for officers.

Patterson says the Cabreras had been fighting and each had marks on their faces as a result.

The chief says Rosangel Cabrera asked that her husband leave the house, so officers took him to the police station, where he was picked up by Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski around 7:30 a.m.

No charges are pending in the case.

That was the reason for my comment, lol.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
I missed the part where it was reported they both had marks to their faces. I would have arrested both for domestic battery. Unless there are children involved, then the husband gets to go. Just the way it is. More than likely they are receiving special treatment being who he is and the 1 game playoff coming up Tues.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Why is miguel cabrera staying out till 6am and getting that drunk when his team is in a race for the playoffs and who was he out with?? Thats awful that the Tigers GM had to pick him up at the Police station at 7:30 in the morning.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
A couple years ago, it looked like Miggy would be the guy to come close to matching Albert's career path. Since then, he's gotten his big contract, put on weight, and now this. Some guys just don't have what it takes to go to that next level. He has a ton of talent and he'll get by fine, but he could not been something great. His TT Autos are going for around 200 now. They haven't been that low since 2003.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
NYCrulesU said:
KOBEARODLT said:
schmidtfan20 said:
How much are they paying this bozo? What a waste.

Kevin

323...33 hr's and 100 rbi's is such a waste

I wasn't going to waste my time arguing this point with the bandwagoners. Thank you for doing it for me.

He produced like a top flight hitter. Until he either has serious legal battles or his actions affect his performance, you can't really say he is a waste. It is hard to argue with results.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
on a baseball note, miggy was 0-11 in the three games with the sox. will his slide continue tomorow?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Statistically, he hasn't done anything to think otherwise. While Pujols first few years are obviously better than Miggy's, Miguel Cabrera has done nothing but show he's the second best hitter in the game.

Codasco07 said:
A couple years ago, it looked like Miggy would be the guy to come close to matching Albert's career path. Since then, he's gotten his big contract, put on weight, and now this. Some guys just don't have what it takes to go to that next level. He has a ton of talent and he'll get by fine, but he could not been something great. His TT Autos are going for around 200 now. They haven't been that low since 2003.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
G $MONEY$ said:
Why is miguel cabrera staying out till 6am and getting that drunk when his team is in a race for the playoffs and who was he out with?? Thats awful that the Tigers GM had to pick him up at the Police station at 7:30 in the morning.

Because he's Miguel Cabrera and can probably do anything he wants. It's not right though, of course.

Thanks.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
markakis8 said:
Statistically, he hasn't done anything to think otherwise. While Pujols first few years are obviously better than Miggy's, Miguel Cabrera has done nothing but show he's the second best hitter in the game.

Codasco07 said:

I wasn't suggesting at any point over his career he's been the second best hitter. I was suggesting that considering his age, you could envision him putting up Pujols type numbers in the future. Obviously, he wasn't able to kick it into another gear though.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Codasco07 said:
markakis8 said:

Codasco07 said:

I wasn't suggesting at any point over his career he's been the second best hitter. I was suggesting that considering his age, you could envision him putting up Pujols type numbers in the future. Obviously, he wasn't able to kick it into another gear though.

he is 26 and continues to hit 30 hrs, 100 rbis and 300 plus average...he definately has time to kick it into another gear.

Members online

Latest posts