Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Novice - I know 0 about hockey ....thoughts on Patrick Kane?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
I started looking at his stats. Does he have the potential to be a superstar? I want to stray from baseball into to hockey cards for the first time in 25+ yrs and want a young prosprect to buy.

Would Kane be worth the effort? And I mean is he exciting to watch play? Could he be great? I'm not talking about making money...as I am not any sort of a prospector. I just like to collect players that have a solid shot and being something special.

Anyway, please toss some opinions my way. Thanks

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto
He's small but very talented..Not a great time to get deals right now with him playing well but over xmas watch for good deals...His Cup RC is his best and his young guns RC is one of his most popular. SPA Future Watch is a great Auto'ed RC or UD Ice non auto'ed is a nice low numbered one also...Either him or Toews are a great investment..I like Toews,gotta support my fellow Canadian but I have some Kanes tucked away for a rainy day also.... :lol:

Other names that I am done buying - Mueller,Stamkos,Kessell,Krejci,Lucic,Price,Setoguchi is having a nice year,Backstrom is washington can be had cheap at times.

There's a few young and up&comers..Good luck and welcome to the Hockey boards..pretty quiet over here...nice to see some new posters

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
Thanks Autismic.

What about Boedker?

I am going to check prices on Stamkos right now. Probably high being 1st overall pick.

I like Mueller but his prices can be high it seems.

On my list of the younger players....ones I would choose from are....

Kane, Stamkos & Boedker

I would like to choose one of them to collect...as a player collector. I am growing bored with baseball, basketball and football....and I have never collected or even followed hockey. It would definately give me something new and fun to follow and collect!

Hopefully I can find a young prospect, who actually has a solid chance to turn our REAL good...that is affordable. I know...a lot to ask for lol

Thanks again....and if you have any advice..I'm listening :)

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto
Boedker can be bought cheap....great young player with many positives..too bad he plays in phoenix..They can't even afford payroll and are losing over $30 mill this year...If it wasn't for their lease with the county they would be moving to Canada...Boedker is playing well on a bad team,says alot...I bought a few things of his early..I'm waiting for the Cup to come out,if it does, to get his best RC

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
Autismic said:
Boedker can be bought cheap....great young player with many positives..too bad he plays in phoenix..They can't even afford payroll and are losing over $30 mill this year...If it wasn't for their lease with the county they would be moving to Canada...Boedker is playing well on a bad team,says alot...I bought a few things of his early..I'm waiting for the Cup to come out,if it does, to get his best RC

Help me out...

Coyotes are losing that much $$ even with having Gretzky as their coach??

And what do you mean "if" The Cup comes out? They might not make it thios year???

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I would pick Kane out of the three players you listed. like Austismic said he is small but he packs a lot of talent in his little body. playing with Toews and Patrick Sharp will only make him better. I would say he is already a superstar and he won the rookie of the year last season. plus the Blackhawks have some really sweet looking patch cards.

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto
The Blackhawks have the best Jersey of any sport for patches..photoshoot or not they are usually very colorful...Lisin in Pho is also a cheap young player to get with potential.

Members online

No members online now.