Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Worst seller's excuse of the day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Okay, this took the cake. I bought a $17 card on sportsbuy.com (formerly Naxcom) on 9/22. Emailed on Friday for shipping info, and again today after no response to first email and filing a dispute. This was the exact response I got:

"i apologize for the problems. I realy just havent had the money to purchase the envelope and send it. Im hoping to send it today or tomorrow. I apoogize again. I also dont get online as often as i would like, so i wasnt aware of the ale until a few days ago. I am going to try to send it out 2day."

1) Take an English class.
2) Ummm, I paid shipping and handling. You should buy the envelope with that, or the money you made on the card, your choice.
3) Please don't sell online if you can't check your email.

Naxcom ID is Frankie Shelley in case you were curious.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
I've bought from this person before and it took a little over 2 weeks before the card was sent. I can't stand that, if you can't send within 1-3 days then selling isn't for you. But then again don't you as a buyer have to "release" the money from the sale?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Rickzcards said:
I've bought from this person before and it took a little over 2 weeks before the card was sent. I can't stand that, if you can't send within 1-3 days then selling isn't for you. But then again don't you as a buyer have to "release" the money from the sale?

Paid via Paypal an hour after negotiating a price with him via email. It showed as payment received right away. He's had the funds for two weeks.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
gracecollector said:
Okay, this took the cake. I bought a $17 card on sportsbuy.com (formerly Naxcom) on 9/22. Emailed on Friday for shipping info, and again today after no response to first email and filing a dispute. This was the exact response I got:

"i apologize for the problems. I realy just havent had the money to purchase the envelope and send it. Im hoping to send it today or tomorrow. I apoogize again. I also dont get online as often as i would like, so i wasnt aware of the ale until a few days ago. I am going to try to send it out 2day."

1) Take an English class.
2) Ummm, I paid shipping and handling. You should buy the envelope with that, or the money you made on the card, your choice.
3) Please don't sell online if you can't check your email.

Naxcom ID is Frankie Shelley in case you were curious.

Agree 100%, although I figure it's most always a lie when they say they haven't checked their email.

MattinglyAlexander

Dec 17, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Quit piken un me. Geez. I cudn't afford thje invailop! :twisted:

It might be true though. :D I don't know about you...but I stock up supplies BEFORE I set out to sell anything.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
BunchOBull said:
I don't think most people realize you can get 100 bubble mailers for less than $20 delivered.
I've picked up 500 - #00 for $17 dlvd, and 500 - #000 for $26 dlvd off ebay. There is no excuse other than a lazy seller.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
BunchOBull said:
I don't think most people realize you can get 100 bubble mailers for less than $20 delivered.

yes, but if sellers rarely sell things, they are not going to buy 100 bubble mailers at a time. Logically it would make sense, because they probable pay .75 each time they need one, but people don't act logically, lol. I know that for low end items I just reuse bubble mailers that I received items in so long as the mailer is still in good condition.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
give the guy a break...at least he didnt stick the stamp & write your addy on the card itself ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::
LOL

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Well, the case was decided in my favor and Naxcom credited my account. But the seller's response to me was another gem...

"Sorry, when i set u the sccount i was able to be online everyday. Im unable to now. I will take this as a hint, and im shutting down the account. Its not worth the headache and me worying about checking it often. Sorry, but i dont have the dollars in my pocket to ship the thing out. You may of paid something online, but you didnt purchase a envelope and a stamp and put them in my hand for me to use. Sorry again. But i will just hold onto what i got."

Wow. Just wow. If you ever see the name Frankie Shelley just run far away.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
gracecollector said:
Well, the case was decided in my favor and Naxcom credited my account. But the seller's response to me was another gem...

"Sorry, when i set u the sccount i was able to be online everyday. Im unable to now. I will take this as a hint, and im shutting down the account. Its not worth the headache and me worying about checking it often. Sorry, but i dont have the dollars in my pocket to ship the thing out. You may of paid something online, but you didnt purchase a envelope and a stamp and put them in my hand for me to use. Sorry again. But i will just hold onto what i got."

HAHAHAHHAHA! Maybe next time you should send him the envelope, money for postage, toploader, and teambag!!! :lol: `

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
In all seriousness, sorry about the situation. That really does suck you didn't get the card but damn is that seller an idiot.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Weimer said:
In all seriousness, sorry about the situation. That really does suck you didn't get the card but damn is that seller an idiot.

Yeah the worst part was that I was polite to him the whole time, since I was still trying to get the card for what I paid (2001 UD Gold Glove Leatherbound Frank Thomas Game Used Glove). At least tonight I could tell him how I really felt.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
So wait, he thought by making a profit mean skipping out of supplies and postage? Does he not buy on eBay? Yikes, I can't believe he actually wrote that.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
gracecollector said:

Classic.

Members online

Latest posts