Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Crabtree Agrees to Terms - 6 Years, $32 million

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Crabtree has finally agreed to a deal with the 49ers. I'm sure that the amazing start by San Fran has nothing to do with him caving on his original demands...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... do-a-deal/

Well, it's over.

After three months and threats of a full-year holdout and re-entry into the draft, receiver Michael Crabtree has agreed to terms with the 49ers, according to Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com.

It's a six-year deal that voids to five if, as Glazer reports, Crabtree has great years in two of his first four seasons. If Crabtree fails to reach the production trigger, the sixth year pays him only $4 million.

This specific detail sheds no light, however, on whether the 49ers held firm to the slot applicable to the tenth overall pick in the draft. We've got a feeling that there will be enough fluff and ambiguity to permit reasonable minds to differ on this point, which then will allow each side to plausibly claim victory.

Or, perhaps more accurately, to plausibly save face.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
Re: Crabtree Agrees to Terms - It's Official

Now it will be interesting to see if the 49ers fans who bashed the hell out of him, all of a sudden become fans of his.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008

mstng99tim said:
And to think that he still might end up with more catches than Heyward-Bey!!!

:lol: So true.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN

I guess he finally figured out that his stock would only drop if he re-entered the draft next year. I thought he was going to be the next Clarrett.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008

excel_B said:
Soooo do you think his cards' value will go up?

Hell yeah it will...Although all of this media up until today wasn't that of good publicity it was publicity none the less. He now has people who know his name that never would have given two shat's about him, & if he breaks into the league & gets noticed (which this is probably the perfect fit of a team for him to do so: NO wr's that can keep him from playing & a winning record in 1 of the most history-rich team's in the NFL) then you can bet his stuff with be worth more than if he would have signed quietly to begin with!

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN

There's no such thing as bad publicity. Now that Crabtree will actually be on the team, his cards have nowhere to go but up.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008

mstng99tim said:
And to think that he still might end up with more catches than Heyward-Bey!!!
A lot of receivers will have more catches than DHB simply because they do not have Jamarcus Russell throwing to them

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009

sffanmike25 said:
Finally. Now he has to learn the 8 plays the 49ers run on offense. Yes, no typo there.

You mean the 8 plays will take them to the playoffs?

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA

Reds in 2009 said:
Now it will be interesting to see if the 49ers fans who bashed the hell out of him, all of a sudden become fans of his.

I don't think 49ers fans bashed the hell out of him - I think it was more what he was whining about and holding out for so long. Now that he's on the field, we'll cheer for him if he makes great plays.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009

Reds in 2009 said:

So because Niner fans didn't like the way he was handling himself in contract negotiations means they must hate him forever?

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA

kdailey4315 said:
sffanmike25 said:
Finally. Now he has to learn the 8 plays the 49ers run on offense. Yes, no typo there.

I thought they only had 8 plays too, but then they ran a TE reverse one time, and I was like whoa! Delanie Walker with the end around!

sffanmike25

Aug 21, 2008
Dallas, TX

lisu said:
kdailey4315 said:
sffanmike25 said:

I thought they only had 8 plays too, but then they ran a TE reverse one time, and I was like whoa! Delanie Walker with the end around!

That threw everyone off. :lol:

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009

lisu said:
Reds in 2009 said:

I don't think 49ers fans bashed the hell out of him - I think it was more what he was whining about and holding out for so long. Now that he's on the field, we'll cheer for him if he makes great plays.

If he doesnt every one will want him to ****

Members online