Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA FSL Top 20 Prospects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
Anundsen got shafted.

there were a couple confusing picks off of Brevard alone. Rogers over Anundsen?, Gindl over Schafer? I mean, I'm stoked for the other two, but I really can't fathom the exclusion of Schafer, unless it's just the old "chicks AND Baseball America dig the long-ball"?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
hive17 said:
Jaypers said:
Anundsen got shafted.

there were a couple confusing picks off of Brevard alone. Rogers over Anundsen?, Gindl over Schafer? I mean, I'm stoked for the other two, but I really can't fathom the exclusion of Schafer, unless it's just the old "chicks AND Baseball America dig the long-ball"?

Matt (Needles, CA): What do scouts tell you about Logan Schafer, and did he come close to making this list?

J.J. Cooper: He wasn't too far away from making the list. He's a solid CF who can run, but there are concerns that his bat will make him more of a big league backup than an everyday player.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
JAYPERS (IL): Evan Anundsen put up pretty impressive numbers this year, so I was a bit surprised not to see him. Could you evaluate him for us?

J.J. Cooper: The stuff just wasn't good enough. His velocity was all over the place, but he was 84-88 a lot of nights. He shows two big league average off speed pitches and very good command but he pairs it with a below-average fastball. That combination doesn't usually work at the big league level.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I know my colleague Hive disagrees, but Gindl DEFINATELY deserves to be over Schafer and should have been way higher on this list.

What does this tell you? Simple. BA hates the shorties!

They did with Salome, they do with Gindl. And I am expecting they do the same thing with Kentrail Davis.

Members online

Latest posts