Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Paul O'Neill collection milestone, 70% completion!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
I can't believe it, but I am finally at the 70% completion mark with my O'Neill collection! When I began my collection in May 2005, my initial goal was to get to 300 different cards. I never thought I'd be this far along in 4 years. Thanks again to those who have helped me along with the collection I wouldn't be anywhere close to where I am now without the help of great members like you.

Some recent mail:

1995 Score Redeemed (thanks Magic!) *unlisted in OPG*
redeemed.jpg

1998 Topps Chrome Refractor
98chromeref.jpg

1998 Ultra Platinum Medallion /100
platinum.jpg

1999 Fleer Brilliants Gold /99
99gold.jpg

2000 Bowman Chrome Refractor
00bowrefr.jpg

2003 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites Refractor /299
03atff.jpg

2005 Topps Poland Spring [Yankee Stadium Giveaway in 2005] *unlisted in OPG*
05poland.jpg

2004 SP Patch Significant Numbers Dual Patch Auto /25
pon200406a.jpg

Some non-O'Neill PC pickups:

1997 Bowman Hideki Irabu TTM/IP Autograph (It's Mr. Toad!)
HidekiIrabu.jpg

1998 Donruss Signature Series Millenium Marks David Cone Autograph #ed 1000/1000 (last serial number!)
DavidCone.jpg

And last but not least, my first basketball purchase in over 15 years:

1992-93 Hoops #NNO Patrick Ewing Game Autograph ([ebay:ui0z3sd9]120467321962[/ebay:ui0z3sd9])

I have heard these are easily faked so I am hope the embossed seal on mine guarantees its authenticity. It's kinda hard to see in the scan but it is right underneath the middle portion of the signature. These autos usually sell for upwards of $150 so I am hoping I didn't fall victim to a fake but that I got a nice deal because of the poor scan. I have always wanted an Ewing auto, and I really like the old school design over the 03/04 UD autos he has.

ewing.jpg

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Congratulations on the milestone! You've got a great collection and until now I never really noticed it.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
TNP777 - Thank you. I would have missed this one if Magicpapa wasn't kind enough to point it out to me and also help me acquire the card.

Labratt21 - Thanks and welcome back to the forum!

xcantgobackx - This Irabu was my first TTM/IP pickup for my 1996-00 Yankees auto collection. As hated as he is, his autos are hard to find; not because they are rare, but because no one bothers to list them. Anyway, good luck tracking one down for yourself.

Fandruw25 - Thanks, that means a lot coming from a long time player collection like yourself.

weegee - It's too bad that you'll be abandoning us and heading off to the 80% club soon, but thanks.

weegee

Aug 30, 2008
Maine
weegee - It's too bad that you'll be abandoning us and heading off to the 80% club soon, but thanks.

How many more do you need to get 80%. I need two more cards to be over 80%

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
Congratulations on the Milestone, I'm sure there can not be too many player collectors that have reached that one considering the total amount of cards produced. Very impressive!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Great job and sweet collection. When you get past 50%, it seems like every 10% thereafter is 100% harder than the last 10%, if that makes sense. Getting to 80% is tough, and 90% and above almost impossible.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
gracecollector said:
Great job and sweet collection. When you get past 50%, it seems like every 10% thereafter is 100% harder than the last 10%, if that makes sense. Getting to 80% is tough, and 90% and above almost impossible.

And what % is your Grace at? :)

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Congrats! Gracecollector is right: 70% is a great accomplishment, and getting to 80 and 90 percent will be extremely hard.

What percentage do you have without 1/1s?

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Jack Straw - Thanks!

weegee - I will need 130 more to reach the 80% mark.

Jastermereel - Thanks, now only if I could get my Rivera collection to 70%! :)

ThoseBackpages - Thanks man!

EricChavezCollector3 - It is a lot harder for guys who collect current players to reach these numbers since 1 out of 3 cards that is produced now is 1/1. It amazes me that there are guys out there like you with over a 100 1/1s in their collection and are able to reach such high numbers. Thanks!

Mozzie22 - Thanks for the link, I've only seen 3-4 of these over the years. I've got one in my PC, not sure if I can use a second though, even as bait. His autos tend to do better than inserts. I already have over 1300 doubles which I have been trying to move.

gracecollector - It sure is an uphill climb. Last year I added close to 350 different cards and this year I've only been able to pick up 75 cards in these 10 months. At this pace it will probably be a while before I hit 80%.

tunahead - Cool, thanks for the heads up, I will have to check out their guide and amend my lists. I have always been using Beckett despite their faults mainly since their lists are online making them easier to manipulate.

RandomH - Thanks!

LWMM - Thanks, I know both of you guys speak from experience. Right now my goal is to reach 1000, then I'll worry about 80%. O'Neill has 84 1/1s listed. Without those, I'd be at 75%.

Members online

Latest posts