Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Worst gaffes in postseason history?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Bill Buckner in 1986.

List some others of your own, and where you would place them relative to others. Are any worse than Buckner?

Where does Holliday's fit on that list?

David

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
17ROCKIES12 said:
The call at first base in the 7th? inning of game 6.

I would say that's more of a bad call than a gaffe. There are plenty of bad calls. A thread for another day, perhaps. As a George Brett fan, I was pleased with the call. :)

Mariano's throw to second in game 7 of the 2001 World Series?

David

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
i think buckners was worse. it was in the world series. i think there should be seperate the stats for the playoffs and the world series. they always put them together and say post season. i hate that but jmo.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
tigers pitchers and throwing the ball to 1st base in 2006, particularly verlander.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Alex Gonzalez's inability to field a ground ball in the 8th inning of game 6 of the 2003 NLCS.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
How about umpire Eric Gregg's 42" wide strike zone in the 1997 NLCS? Livan Hernandez had pitches 6" off the plate that Gregg called strikes. The postseason is supposed to be reserved for the best, right? I think it was shameful to affect a game to such a degree.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
VizquelCollector said:
How about umpire Eric Gregg's 42" wide strike zone in the 1997 NLCS? Livan Hernandez had pitches 6" off the plate that Gregg called strikes. The postseason is supposed to be reserved for the best, right? I think it was shameful to affect a game to such a degree.

Unfortunately it has become a place for the most tenured, not the best.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
Philip J. Fry said:
2004 ALCS, games 4-7.

All the Yankees needed was just 1 game...

If I remember correctly it was the heart of the order that killed them. Arod, Sheffield, and Matsui were nowhere to be found for those 4 games

Members online

Latest posts