Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tri-Star breaks from a Pack Wars night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
This month's Pack Wars was brought to us by Tri-Star, to sell boxes of that new Prospects Plus. `Tis the season to get prospect autos, so why not give it a try?

Plus, there were bonus boxes and packs, depending on the amount you bought. I just went with the one box, and I got a box of the High Number Projections and a pack of the Signa Cuts.

I was the third person to buy my stuff - the other two Signa Cuts packs had a Carl Erskine and a Steve Sax(!) in them, so needless to say, there was only room to improve:

tristarjoba.jpg

Joba Chamberlain /228

Waiting for the festivities to begin, I ripped the High Number box. The guy across from me pulled a 1/1 auto (Dustin Richardson), a printing plate (Chorye Spoone), a parallel /5 (Wes Hodges) and a dual auto /5 (Chris Perez/Peter Kozma). I thought my box would tank:

tristarhigh.jpg

Selby Ford /50
Brett Anderson /50
Charlie Culberson /25
Carlos Urena /5

tristarhighauto.jpg

Eddie Kunz (unnumbered)
Stephen Chapman (unnumbered)
Tommy Manzella 2/5

And, this fairly nice one:
tristarprice.jpg

David Price/Casey Weathers dual auto /50

On to the Prospects Plus. This evening's prize was a Rod Carew auto'd bat. I had exactly one pack win all night, so I knew I wasn't winning this one. But here are the contents of the box:

tristarplus50.jpg

Brad Holt jersey /199
Tyler Stovall die-cut /50
Ryan Lavarnway die-cut /50
Evan Frederickson /50
Gordan Beckham /25

tristarplusauto.jpg

(all unnumbered)
Chase D'Arnaud
Josh Lindblom
Ike Davis
Tyson Ross

And, the box hit:
tristarplate.jpg

Brett DeVall Black Print Plate 1/1

It was what it was. All of it is available.
Thanks for looking,
KC

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts