Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ot- anyway to get rid of spam emails?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
~my AOL does a great job of detecting spam, i get about 45 of them in my actual inbox each day~
how do i stop getting/make aol recognize spam better? examples of emails:
name a star
work from home
gevalia
aarp memberhsip

they're very annoying

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
the most foolproof way is to get two and sign up for crap with one and use one for coorispondence.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Don't ever respond to emails unless you know the sender. Most of those "$1500 free cash!" emails aren't scams, they're just phishing for valid email addresses. Bots send out infinite emails to [email protected]. If they get a reply, they know they have a live email address to sell to other spammers. They're sold to more spammers, etc etc

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
Don't ever respond to emails unless you know the sender. Most of those "$1500 free cash!" emails aren't scams, they're just phishing for valid email addresses. Bots send out infinite emails to [email protected]. If they get a reply, they know they have a live email address to sell to other spammers. They're sold to more spammers, etc etc

yes, i have never sent out anything to them i just delete them. but i hate getting all those emails. anyway to stop them from coming home

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
J.O. said:
JoshHamilton said:

yes, i have never sent out anything to them i just delete them. but i hate getting all those emails. anyway to stop them from coming home

AOL probably sells your email address to spammers. AOL probably steals your spare change out of your sock drawer when you aren't at home as well. I wouldn't put anything past those crooked bastards

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
J.O. said:
JoshHamilton said:

AOL probably sells your email address to spammers. AOL probably steals your spare change out of your sock drawer when you aren't at home as well. I wouldn't put anything past those crooked bastards

i hate aol, especially since theres no "autoforward" option

Members online