Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Multi Card And Only One On Check List, Card Discussion, Ruth

Real or fake

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
Ok, so just a little while ago me and Talmer Birdfan05 were discussing about me selling my collection and buying a nice ruth cut with the money doubt i would ever do it. So me and him were checking eBay and we found this really nice Ruth and I was like dang that looks familiar so I go to members bucket and bam there is another one so then I go to the check list and see there is only one made. This got us thinking and researching and that they hand numbered them that year and not stamped them. So did they make an extra one different or is one to good to be true not calling anyone out just wondering if anyone else thinks the same.

check list
http://sports.upperdeck.com/Baseball/ca ... &sid=12461
example A:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Babe-Ruth-2005-SP-L ... 56322dcdac
example B:
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b99/n ... uthCut.jpg
ref. for numbering
http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-U-DECK-COOPERS ... 2ea8435245

http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-UD-COOPERSTOWN ... 439a3bec2e

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
That is very interesting. Good references and I can tell you did your homework and research. I can see them mis-numbering a small end item like a game used jersey set. But with Ruth cuts, you would think they would be paying very special attention. Very interested to see how these pan out.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
abncollectsautos said:
That is very interesting. Good references and I can tell you did your homework and research. I can see them mis-numbering a small end item like a game used jersey set. But with Ruth cuts, you would think they would be paying very special attention. Very interested to see how these pan out.
Thanks, Ya I'm interested on what some other collectors feel about this.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
Dpanthers14 said:
abncollectsautos said:
Thanks, Ya I'm interested on what some other collectors feel about this.

I hope there is not anyone cheating and making fake cuts. But it is weird they would hand number and not do a real print.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
almost positive the seller is a board member. that ebay id looks familiar

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Uhh... Jersey swatch. Bat chip.

And what the hell with your poll? You are asking 'Real or fake?' and then give an option to select either one or both? You would need to ask if people think they are real or if the are fake... not both.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
I could be wrong, but to me the one in the bucket looks like a sell sheet image, not the real card.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
wideright said:
I could be wrong, but to me the one in the bucket looks like a sell sheet image, not the real card.

I agree, the font size is different on the one in the bucket. The image was ripped from an ebay auction anyway; note the camera in the bottom right.

chisox2008

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
wideright said:

+1. That's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it. It's hard to tell from the small pic too.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
flightposite said:
Uhh... Jersey swatch. Bat chip.

And what the hell with your poll? You are asking 'Real or fake?' and then give an option to select either one or both? You would need to ask if people think they are real or if the are fake... not both.
Sorry I needed to be clearer I'm asking if both could be real not both fake.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
The seller has this as the listing title "Babe Ruth 2005 SP Legendary Cuts Autograph 1/1 RARE"...Why I dont know, But might be a simple mistake...I would say the one on ebay is real and the photobucket one is just the shell sheet photo. Not sure as why it has a ebay camera on it though....I had an issue with the person who owns that photobucket and was sold a fake NFL logo shield after he claimed to have pulled it....

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
Marro said:
The seller has this as the listing title "Babe Ruth 2005 SP Legendary Cuts Autograph 1/1 RARE"...Why I dont know, But might be a simple mistake...I would say the one on ebay is real and the photobucket one is just the shell sheet photo. Not sure as why it has a ebay camera on it though....I had an issue with the person who owns that photobucket and was sold a fake NFL logo shield after he claimed to have pulled it....
I have delt with him before and I have a saved pm that he has 14k into his but would love to see a pic with him and the card to clear stuff up.

Members online

Latest posts