Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Card Show Pick Ups!.. and Ed Kranepool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

righteousmike

Aug 24, 2008
Arlen, TX
Went to the local card show at the fire dept. Loaded with vintage. few wax dealers, averaged/over priced dealers, same ole,same ole.

Picked these up for around $16
Lopezauto.jpg
CabreraGU.jpg
DominguezAuto.jpg

Ed Kranepool was signing free with paid admission, said what the heck why not pick up a rookie of his for cheap and get it signed and inscribed. Alot of people showed up for the first 2 hrs or so, lots of older met fans with 69 memorabilia they've kept. My turn came, shook hands, and asked fro him to inscribe after, didn't say a word and did it.
KranepoolRookie.jpg

Next pick up came from a dealer who had loads of nice high end cards. Super-stars from all sports, sadly he only bought and sold. I had a hard time trying to decided what I wanted to pick up from him, all the cards were either over priced or priced at sell value or just over.
RomoPatchauto.jpg

First off I'm a die hard Giant fan but I figured I could get a nice Peyton or Eli in a trade online than what he had for sale with this card.
Picked it up for $90 #14/15.Actually surprised it wasn't priced higher. Two noteable fakes I saw were the 01 Pujols Fleer Auto, and an Adrian Peterson National Treasure Patch Autograph, I've been looking for a scan because I'm sure I've seen the card before, but the jumbo patch was replaced with a Full off centered Viking head. Now either the dealer found out he had a fake and made up the story or he knew he had a fake and wants to sucker someone else idk. According to him, a kid at a show opened a box and pulled this, bs, and the kid asked if he wanted to buy it, he said he didn't want to rip the kid off so he offered him $150 for it, the kid left and came back and accepted it, that was according to the dealer.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Bah I wish I had known Eddie was signing, would've been a great addition to my older Auto RC collection as well as my Mets collection. Oh well.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
righteousmike said:
Adrian Peterson National Treasure Patch Autograph, I've been looking for a scan because I'm sure I've seen the card before, but the jumbo patch was replaced with a Full off centered Viking head. Now either the dealer found out he had a fake and made up the story or he knew he had a fake and wants to sucker someone else idk. According to him, a kid at a show opened a box and pulled this, bs, and the kid asked if he wanted to buy it, he said he didn't want to rip the kid off so he offered him $150 for it, the kid left and came back and accepted it, that was according to the dealer.

Hahaha.... I don't believe that there's any NT patch cards with a full Viking head. There's an Exquisite, but as far as I know no NT. Either way, if a kid DID pull it and the guy 'didn't want to rip him off' he would have offered more than $150. They're worth at least three times that on the open market, even without the most amazing patch in the world.

Members online

Latest posts