Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Denver really this good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I had them winning 4-5 games this year and now they are 5-0! Theye beat the Bengals,Patroits and seem to be for real.I had no idea that they would be this good.

I think they will make the playoffs for sure now,Orton is very underrated.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
simple answer...NO

they got lucky vs bengals, they beat two of the worst teams in the league (browns and raiders), they beat a VERY VERY OVERATED dallas cowboys team and once again almost lost, and they beat a pats team in OT that left about 3 td's on the board because brady is still not back to form....even if they do make playoffs they will be one round in done no doubt.

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
Good teams find ways to win games. I too had them as a 4-5 win team. I haven't looked at their remaining schedule but I think they will hang with any team they play, win or lose. With San Diego looking highly shaky and Oakland and KC barely deserving to be in the league, Denver should take this division.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
Here is the remaining schedule and its tough!

Mon 10/19 San Diego Chargers at San Diego 8:30 pm
Bye
Sun 11/1 Baltimore Ravens at Baltimore 1:00 pm
Mon 11/9 Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh 8:30 pm
Sun 11/15 Washington Redskins at Washington 1:00 pm
Sun 11/22 San Diego Chargers San Diego 4:15 pm
Thu 11/26 New York Giants NY Giants 8:20 pm
Sun 12/6 Kansas City Chiefs at Kansas City 1:00 pm
Sun 12/13 Indianapolis Colts at Indianapolis 1:00 pm
Sun 12/20 Oakland Raiders Oakland 4:05 pm
Sun 12/27 Philadelphia Eagles at Philadelphia 1:00 pm
Sun 1/3 Kansas City Chiefs Kansas City 4:15 pm

sffanmike25

Aug 21, 2008
Dallas, TX
Bornagaincollector said:
Here is the remaining schedule and its tough!

Mon 10/19 San Diego Chargers at San Diego 8:30 pm
Bye
Sun 11/1 Baltimore Ravens at Baltimore 1:00 pm
Mon 11/9 Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh 8:30 pm
Sun 11/15 Washington Redskins at Washington 1:00 pm
Sun 11/22 San Diego Chargers San Diego 4:15 pm
Thu 11/26 New York Giants NY Giants 8:20 pm
Sun 12/6 Kansas City Chiefs at Kansas City 1:00 pm
Sun 12/13 Indianapolis Colts at Indianapolis 1:00 pm
Sun 12/20 Oakland Raiders Oakland 4:05 pm
Sun 12/27 Philadelphia Eagles at Philadelphia 1:00 pm
Sun 1/3 Kansas City Chiefs Kansas City 4:15 pm

They probably have a good 4-6 wins left in that schedule. They get KC 2 more times, Oakland again, Washington, and should at least split the San Diego games.

MAC16

Jul 29, 2009
im a big Denver Broncos fan and Kyle Orton is very underrated! he is 19-2 as a starting QB he has thrown 1 INT all year and that was to randy moss on a desperation throw at halftime.. if i remember correctly Drew Brees played at Purdue and set all the records there and after he left Kyle Orton broke all of Brees's records so i think he has potential if he has recievers.
The Defense has 3 players on that D that are sparkplugs and captains in Champ Bailey, Brian Dawkins, Andra Davis these guys keep the defense going so well with all of their energy and jumpin around after tackles..
they have arguably one of the best slot recievers in the league with Brandon Stokley him and Wes Welker are the best at what they do. With Brandon Marshall back to form he is very physical and can go up and get it. (like the dallas game.)
alot of the idiots above me like KOBEARODLT are idiots.. they say Denver are frauds because the refs messed up some calls yesterday.. when clearly the refs messed up that roughing the brady call against baltimore!! and the patriots were the team to actually cheat when they were filming defensive signals.
if you can win 9 games in this division you have put youself in a great position to win! they still have 2 against KC and 1 againts OAK that they should win thats already 8 wins.. i think they make the playoffs and depending on who they play in the first round have a great shot of making it past the first round and maybe to the AFC championship game as long as everyone stays healthy.. just remember they suprised everyone with the 5 and 0 start so dont be suprised if they do it again in the playoffs when everyone counts them out.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
MAC16 said:
im a big Denver Broncos fan and Kyle Orton is very underrated! he is 19-2 as a starting QB he has thrown 1 INT all year and that was to randy moss on a desperation throw at halftime.. if i remember correctly Drew Brees played at Purdue and set all the records there and after he left Kyle Orton broke all of Brees's records so i think he has potential if he has recievers.
The Defense has 3 players on that D that are sparkplugs and captains in Champ Bailey, Brian Dawkins, Andra Davis these guys keep the defense going so well with all of their energy and jumpin around after tackles..
they have arguably one of the best slot recievers in the league with Brandon Stokley him and Wes Welker are the best at what they do. With Brandon Marshall back to form he is very physical and can go up and get it. (like the dallas game.)
alot of the idiots above me like KOBEARODLT are idiots.. they say Denver are frauds because the refs messed up some calls yesterday.. when clearly the refs messed up that roughing the brady call against baltimore!! and the patriots were the team to actually cheat when they were filming defensive signals.
if you can win 9 games in this division you have put youself in a great position to win! they still have 2 against KC and 1 againts OAK that they should win thats already 8 wins.. i think they make the playoffs and depending on who they play in the first round have a great shot of making it past the first round and maybe to the AFC championship game as long as everyone stays healthy.. just remember they suprised everyone with the 5 and 0 start so dont be suprised if they do it again in the playoffs when everyone counts them out.

Maybe I misunderstood, but did you say Orton threw a pick while trying to pass to Randy Moss?

EDIT: Nevrmind, I see Moss was in on D for the hail mary I take it. Sorry about that.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
lumm0x said:
Good teams find ways to win games. I too had them as a 4-5 win team. I haven't looked at their remaining schedule but I think they will hang with any team they play, win or lose. With San Diego looking highly shaky and Oakland and KC barely deserving to be in the league, Denver should take this division.

I have to agree. I didn't think they would be good but they are getting the job done. At the very least they should win their division. Their offense will only get better as the season progresses.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
The top teams are Minnesota, New Orleans, NYG and Indy. Denver is in the tier a half-step below those 4, along with NE, Baltimore, Cincy etc.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
KOBEARODLT said:
simple answer...NO

they got lucky vs bengals, they beat two of the worst teams in the league (browns and raiders), they beat a VERY VERY OVERATED dallas cowboys team and once again almost lost, and they beat a pats team in OT that left about 3 td's on the board because brady is still not back to form....even if they do make playoffs they will be one round in done no doubt.

Very very overated? No one is saying Dallas has a good team.

Vincesanity

Feb 14, 2009
Temple TX
You don't go 5-0 in the NFL without being legit, they aren't doing anything great but they are winning, Josh McDaniels is doing a great coaching job, no one had them winning more than 5 games this year and they will double that. After 3-4 weeks defensive statistics are pretty close to what they will be the rest of the year and Denver went from being the worst to a top team. They will win atleast 10 games

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Surprisingly, yes they are. I am a diehard broncs fan and I can tell you I thought they would win 5-7 games for the year. I thought Orton was the biggest bum since Jake the Snake and a stop gap until we could trade or draft someone worth while.

I would like to see a big effort on the road, however beating the Cowboys and the Pats back to back weeks is a stunner for me.

It is not just WINNING the games.....not like a shoot out winning 31-27 or 28-24......the defense has just been amazing. No other word to describe it. Last year it was the red sea defense and they couldn't stop anyone on 3rd down.....NOBODY.......this year it is a resurrection of big hitters and key stops.....I never saw this coming. Pressure on the QB.......hand in to deflect the ball at the last second without getting the flag......preventing the deep ball completion.....stuffing the run......sacking the QB......all the fundamentals for a defense are working and they are working consistently. Stunned. Shocked. Perplexed.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
KandKCards said:
The top teams are Minnesota, New Orleans, NYG and Indy. Denver is in the tier a half-step below those 4, along with NE, Baltimore, Cincy etc.

Put them in order:

Indy.
Giants.
New Orleans (tied with Giants)
Minnesota.
Cincy (at Green bay...win....at baltimore....win)
Broncos.
Pitt.
NE.
Balt.
Awesome game with the Giants against the Saints this week!

Members online