Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

rush limbaugh wants to buy an nfl team

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
1/2 the league saying that they refuse to play fro him because of his racist nature.

thoughts?

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
joeyV said:
Where did you read that 1/2 the league thinks he has a racist nature.

CNN all day. obviously the 1/2 was a number that was made up but enough players are speaking up to make the news.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
joeyV said:
justinmandawg said:
They'll play for whomever will pay them and they'll like it.

Yup. Im sure CNN was drooling waiting to televise this.
It's been all over ProFootballTalk for days. Black players have come out and said they will not play for him. A couple of the guys I remember are McNabb and Mathias Kiwanuka, as well as the NFLPA Director.

It's not just CNN trying to bash them.

Personally, I'd rather not see him and the owners of the Blue succeed in buying the rams. The Blues have had little to no success in their franchise history (with the exception of Brett Hull), as well as my personal dislike for Rush Limbaugh. Although I wouldn't be too disappointed if he did get in, it's only the Rams. I've got bigger problems when looking at NFL owners *cough* AL DAVIS *cough*

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
It's America. If he wants to buy a team he should be able to buy a team. Now if the players don't want to play for him, well then that' up to them.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
The more I've thought about it, I have a couple of questions that come to mind...

1. Will the players really stick to their "principles" and not play for him if the Rams offered a big check?

2. Are they just using this as a cover because nobody wants to be a Ram right now? :lol:

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
cowboysrule48 said:
It's America. If he wants to buy a team he should be able to buy a team. Now if the players don't want to play for him, well then that' up to them.

unfortunately they cant. In the nfl you are required to play your contract. So those currently employed would be out of luck to play for a new team.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
justinmandawg said:
Although I'm not a Rush fan, I don't see him as a racist. I'd like to know what "proof" they have of his racism.
He makes alot of "pro-white" remarks in his radio show and elsewhere. Nothing too racist in my opinion. Heck, Al Sharpton and the like make a fortune by doing the same with their respective race remarks.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
Card Magnet said:
justinmandawg said:
Although I'm not a Rush fan, I don't see him as a racist. I'd like to know what "proof" they have of his racism.
He makes alot of "pro-white" remarks in his radio show and elsewhere. Nothing too racist in my opinion. Heck, Al Sharpton and the like make a fortune by doing the same with their respective race remarks.

Gimme some pro-white statements made by rush.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
justinmandawg said:
Card Magnet said:
justinmandawg said:

Just use Google. I don't feel like looking for them. He says all kinds of things pro-white, and uses racial steroetypes on blacks a good bit. I think he told a black woman caller to take the bone out of her nose and talk to him later.

Ever hear the song Barack the Magic *****? Puff the Magic Dragon frowns on that one :lol:

Something I can think of that he once said about the NFL was that it was like the Bloods and Crips fighting without guns.

joeyV

May 20, 2009
New Orleans
Card Magnet said:
justinmandawg said:
[quote="Card Magnet":7wsc22ra]
justinmandawg said:

Just use Google. I don't feel like looking for them. He says all kinds of things pro-white, and uses racial steroetypes on blacks a good bit. I think he told a black woman caller to take the bone out of her nose and talk to him later.

Ever hear the song Barack the Magic *****? Puff the Magic Dragon frowns on that one :lol:

Something I can think of that he once said about the NFL was that it was like the Bloods and Crips fighting without guns.[/quote:7wsc22ra]

I did hear the song but I have heard worse from black people themselves. I have only one question....What would these ******* players say if Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton wanted to buy a team?

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
joeyV said:
Card Magnet said:
justinmandawg said:
[quote="Card Magnet":rcye3orh]
justinmandawg said:

Something I can think of that he once said about the NFL was that it was like the Bloods and Crips fighting without guns.

I did hear the song but I have heard worse from black people themselves. I have only one question....What would these ******* players say if Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton wanted to buy a team?[/quote:rcye3orh]

I don't know what the ******* players would say, but most players probably wouldn't have as much of a problem, seeing as most people in general have more of a problem working for someone they feel disrespected by, rather than someone who supports them. Hopefully Limbaugh, nor Jackson and Sharpeton ever own a team.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
joeyV said:
I did hear the song but I have heard worse from black people themselves.

This is besides the point. It is unexcusable for anyone to have these stances. this includes rush, al and jesse. If al sharpton makes statements that make it seem that he does not like people that are not black, then he should be condemed for it. The same goes for rush.

That said, if rush buys the rams and every minority player refuses to play for the team what will that do to the team and football in general.

It could open a large number of lawsuits from those currentlty playing who want to move to a new team because they do not like rush. Highly unlikely but, it could potentially (if it reached the highest court in the land) make every one a free agent at all times (just like the real business world).

Members online