Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Interesting USA Today poll/article

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
matfanofold said:
Do you have any opinion(s)?

I'd like to hear your comment(s) what you find interesting!

I find it interesting that they included the "Prince Bomb" as a highlight, when it seemed to piss everyone off except Brewer fans.

I voted for Buehrle's "Perfect" Streak. But I got a small, sly bit of satisfaction seeing that the Brewer's celebration not only made the list, but is in the top three in votes.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Meh, can't say I'm a fan of the article, since it should actually be about "standing ovations", not "curtain calls," because I don't think most of them were "curtain calls".

To me, "curtain calls" are when the player goes back into the dugout and is called back out to tip their cap. Not tip their cap while on base, that's just a standing ovation and the player recognizing it then.

You want a REAL curtain call? Griffey's last at-bat this season. Gets a standing ovation, replaced by a pinch-runner, then COMES BACK OUT for a curtain call. AWESOME!!

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
Sly said:
Meh, can't say I'm a fan of the article, since it should actually be about "standing ovations", not "curtain calls," because I don't think most of them were "curtain calls".

To me, "curtain calls" are when the player goes back into the dugout and is called back out to tip their cap. Not tip their cap while on base, that's just a standing ovation and the player recognizing it then.

You want a REAL curtain call? Griffey's last at-bat this season. Gets a standing ovation, replaced by a pinch-runner, then COMES BACK OUT for a curtain call. AWESOME!!

...and on top of all that, we finally found a use for Langerhans- him carrying around Griffey after all that :D :D :D

Members online

Latest posts