Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is still tracking fake patch makers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
maybe its our man burge again. the seller is from NC. i think fletcher NC is closer to asheville than charlotte though

BluesBroSJ

Jan 19, 2009
Kansas
I have my serious doubts about this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... ink:top:en

The ONLY Justice patch cards from that set have come from a blue alternate jersey the braves wore back in the early-mid 90s. None of them to my knowlege had the world series patch on them. That includes 96 (the year after they won the WS) no patch was worn that season to remember the 95 season. I have the only road jersey he wore in 96 :) looking at the sellers past he has sold some too good to be true patches as well. I'm staying away from this one

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
BluesBroSJ said:
I have my serious doubts about this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... ink:top:en

The ONLY Justice patch cards from that set have come from a blue alternate jersey the braves wore back in the early-mid 90s. None of them to my knowlege had the world series patch on them. That includes 96 (the year after they won the WS) no patch was worn that season to remember the 95 season. I have the only road jersey he wore in 96 :) looking at the sellers past he has sold some too good to be true patches as well. I'm staying away from this one

that kind of looks like the 2001 WS logo

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Pretty sure it is not Burge, and pretty sure that card is legit. I know for a fact that several members here have those Topps /20 with absolutely redonculous patches in them.

Plus his Tiger autos and other high end cards look legit to me.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
chashawk said:
Pretty sure it is not Burge, and pretty sure that card is legit. I know for a fact that several members here have those Topps /20 with absolutely redonculous patches in them.

Plus his Tiger autos and other high end cards look legit to me.

I know that there are SICK patches from that release, but it's the patch that's used here that is suspect. See how it appears to be just laying on the jersey, not stiched to it? That's been a red-flag for me in the past.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
Maybe it's just the scan, but the color of the pinstripe looks way off as well. The throwback jersey's have a much lighter blue pinstripe. That looks almost black:

FielderAmerPastSet.jpg

FielderLustrousAutoSet.jpg

Fielder07UltMat.jpg

Also, it's not the same pattern as the ones I've seen on the modern jerseys (although the zig-zag looks like the actual older pinstripes that Yount and co wore).

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Has anyone ever tried to bait one of these fakers into making a card for them? It seems like someone would be stupid enough to take you up on your offer...

Members online

No members online now.