Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB: fifth highest attendance in 2009

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
MLB announced that the 2009 ballpark attendance was the fifth highest in the history of the game.

That is very amazing considering how bad the forcast was due to the economy PLUS the fact that Yankee and Citi field have less seats (Id say about 250,000 less attendance just counting Yankee Stadium)

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I love how Milwaukee cleared 3 million yet again and were in the top-10 in over-all attendance; DESPITE the year they had.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
From the AP.

"Attendance has dropped 6.9 percent across the majors to its lowest level since 2003, an average of 30,276. That follows a 0.8 percent slide last year from the record average of 32,785 set in 2007."

As for Milwaukee people here had high hopes early due to last season playoff appearance. They sold a ton of tickets before the season started.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
cowboysrule48 said:
hive17 said:
I love how Milwaukee cleared 3 million yet again and were in the top-10 in over-all attendance; DESPITE the year they had.

I wish the Rays had fans like that.

Expectations were high. It was the year after making the playoffs for the first time since '82. Not to mention Fielder and Braun had two of the best offensive seasons in the Majors.

It'll be interesting to see how they do next year, after having a disappointing 09 season.

If baseball in Milwaukee is back though, watch out. Wisconsin can have some rabid fans...see the Packers.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
What do you do if you are a Rays fan where you could possible see Carl Crawford and Jason Bartlett traded in one off season while seeing them give away Pat Burrell ?

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Jeff D said:
cowboysrule48 said:
hive17 said:

I wish the Rays had fans like that.

Expectations were high. It was the year after making the playoffs for the first time since '82. Not to mention Fielder and Braun had two of the best offensive seasons in the Majors.

It'll be interesting to see how they do next year, after having a disappointing 09 season.

If baseball in Milwaukee is back though, watch out. Wisconsin can have some rabid fans...see the Packers.

The Rays were coming off a World Series appearance!

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
19braves77 said:
What do you do if you are a Rays fan where you could possible see Carl Crawford and Jason Bartlett traded in one off season while seeing them give away Pat Burrell ?

If Bartlett and Crawford are traded I don't know what I would think.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
blitzerlover said:
And yet Turner field is always empty.
Yes it is seems the fans are like ok will come if you make the world series but not the playoffs.

I was there in July 1 year the braves were winning and the cubs were hot as well, I thought oh snaps
I will not be able to get a tickets since we were in town and i forgot the Cubs were down there,

I walked up to the ticket window earlier in the day ( it was a night game) and I asked if it was a sellout
guys nope I say ok can I get 4 beat availble he says sure and says were do you want to sit I say closet to
the field jokingly of course he says ok how about like 15 row back on the 3 base side I was like wha- wha- what :shock: :D
I say hell yes and we had a great time, and the was still only 3/4 full ::facepalm::

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
Pine Tar said:
blitzerlover said:
And yet Turner field is always empty.
Yes it is seems the fans are like ok will come if you make the world series but not the playoffs.

I was there in July 1 year the braves were winning and the cubs were hot as well, I thought oh snaps
I will not be able to get a tickets since we were in town and i forgot the Cubs were down there,

I walked up to the ticket window earlier in the day ( it was a night game) and I asked if it was a sellout
guys nope I say ok can I get 4 beat availble he says sure and says were do you want to sit I say closet to
the field jokingly of course he says ok how about like 15 row back on the 3 base side I was like wha- wha- what :shock: :D
I say hell yes and we had a great time, and the was still only 3/4 full ::facepalm::

Even during the Braves run at the Wild-Card late in the season there was almost no one going to the games. It has to be frustrating to play in silence.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Turner Field is just a boring and unfriendly stadium.

Its almost worst has watching a CBS televised sporting event. From this point on, if CBS televises a Alabama game am muting them and turning on Eli Gold.

Members online

Latest posts