Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

LARGEST COMEBACK IN BLACKHAWKS HISTORY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Damn!! What happened to the Flames tonight??? The game wasn't televised but we heard the on the sports Calgary was up 5-0. Ate Supper, got another update and Blach Hawks win 6-5, amaziing! Did the Flames completely fall apart??? C'mon this should never happen on a team with some of the leagues best defensive specialits like Jay-Bo, Cory Sarich, Robyn Regehr, Dion Phaneuf and an All-Star and former Vezina trophy winning goalie, Miikka Kipprusoff . It just should never happen. Someone on Calgary is gonna have to take the blame for this. Will be interesting reading Calgary papers in the AM and see who Calgary media is blaming.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I was flipping back and forth from the Pens game and this game and couldn't believe when I checked in and it was 3-0 then 5-0 then 5-4. I watched the end of this great comeback by the Hawks after the Pens game.

as a side note I am glad I got rid of DirecTv because if I hadn't I would of missed this amazing game.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Now that I have had a few hours to relax after this crazy game, I think last night showed that Chicago has some goaltending issues. Huet is clearly not capable of being the number 1 guy in Chicago, and I don't think they can run Niemi out there every night. He is not ready to be an everyday game starter in goal. I was telling a friend at work today that the Hawks were the popular pick to come out of the Western Conference this season. Before they can even think about this, they need to get this goaltending problem resolved. The Hawks can't expect to win if they have to depend on thier offense to score 5 or 6 goals a night.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
gonzagacubs said:
Before they can even think about this, they need to get this goaltending problem resolved. The Hawks can't expect to win if they have to depend on thier offense to score 5 or 6 goals a night.

I agree, the Hawks have a great team, just their goaltending is questionable. Too bad they couldn't have kept nikolai khabibulin for at least one more season. We will have to see how the next few months play out, but can Chicago be a cup contender with Huet as the #1? Who is Huets back up these days?

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
G $MONEY$ said:
gonzagacubs said:
Before they can even think about this, they need to get this goaltending problem resolved. The Hawks can't expect to win if they have to depend on thier offense to score 5 or 6 goals a night.

I agree, the Hawks have a great team, just their goaltending is questionable. Too bad they couldn't have kept nikolai khabibulin for at least one more season. We will have to see how the next few months play out, but can Chicago be a cup contender with Huet as the #1? Who is Huets back up these days?

Huet's backup is Antti Niemi, who has played in a total of 5 games in his career after last night's game.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Add insult to injury, the Flames tonight just blew a 1-0 lead in the 3rd to lose 2-1 at Columbus ::facepalm::

Latest posts