Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dallas has a Bye Week soooooo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vincesanity

Feb 14, 2009
Temple TX
Wouldn't it be a great time to fire Wade, the team is getting worse, Romo is getting worse, let Jason Garrett coach the rest of the year. I don't think Garrett is the answer but give him the rest of the year to see. Then after this disaster of a year is over we can check out one of the old coaches.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Vincesanity said:
Wouldn't it be a great time to fire Wade, the team is getting worse, Romo is getting worse, let Jason Garrett coach the rest of the year. I don't think Garrett is the answer but give him the rest of the year to see. Then after this disaster of a year is over we can check out one of the old coaches.

Someone read Cowlishaw's blog :p

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
Agreed. Tony Romo just isn't the answer either. He's a great guy, this that and the other but just not a great QB...

Vincesanity

Feb 14, 2009
Temple TX
Snyper said:
Agreed. Tony Romo just isn't the answer either. He's a great guy, this that and the other but just not a great QB...

Don't know what to think about Romo except he has a fat contract so we are probably stuck, wish we could pull a Hershel Walker trade off again

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Vincesanity said:
Oh dear, just shoot me now. I don't want to see Barber/Jones/Choice getting a combined 5 carries a game :lol:

While I can't wait to see Wade go as HC, I'm not sure that dumping him during the season will be the right thing to do. Shannahan has said that he will not take a job this season if offered, but is definitely open to a January 2010 return.

I would like to see Wade stay as the defensive coordinator, or some type of defensive coach. I just don't think he has the heart

The Cowboys and Redskins are expected (many analysts speculate at least) to get into a bid war with Shannahan, unless the Skins pursue Mike Holmgren.

As far as Romo goes, I still have some faith in him. I tear him apart verbally during games, but he just can't fade to black. The guy can put up some nice numbers, but then he has his Kyle Boller looking days. Perhaps if he got the right coach/motivator behind him, he could get the bugs out of his system.

And a final not - if Miles Austin doesn't start over Roy Williams (when Roy comes back), I'm going to have a conniption. Miles put up, in one game, half of Roy's two year Cowboys totals.

Vincesanity

Feb 14, 2009
Temple TX
Wade CAN NOT STAY and most definately not stay on as a D COR. He already is the DEF COR and one of the main reasons I want him gone. We need a young, fiery, disciplined DEF COR.

Wade can't stay until 2010, he isn't the answer, why keep him another minute.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
Card Magnet said:
The guy can put up some nice numbers, but then he has his Kyle Boller looking days.

You just dropped the Kyle Boller comparison bomb. Lights out Tony. Magnet just cursed you for good. :lol:

MAC16

Jul 29, 2009
Vincesanity said:
dude they dont have any top tier players. on offense they have romo, barber, felix jones when he is healthy, jason witten.. roy williams isnt in the top 25 recievers in the league.. on defense they have newman and demarcus ware.. they are beat up and old.. they really arent that good of a team.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
Card Magnet said:
Vincesanity said:
Oh dear, just shoot me now. I don't want to see Barber/Jones/Choice getting a combined 5 carries a game :lol:

While I can't wait to see Wade go as HC, I'm not sure that dumping him during the season will be the right thing to do. Shannahan has said that he will not take a job this season if offered, but is definitely open to a January 2010 return.

I would like to see Wade stay as the defensive coordinator, or some type of defensive coach. I just don't think he has the heart

The Cowboys and Redskins are expected (many analysts speculate at least) to get into a bid war with Shannahan, unless the Skins pursue Mike Holmgren.

As far as Romo goes, I still have some faith in him. I tear him apart verbally during games, but he just can't fade to black. The guy can put up some nice numbers, but then he has his Kyle Boller looking days. Perhaps if he got the right coach/motivator behind him, he could get the bugs out of his system.

And a final not - if Miles Austin doesn't start over Roy Williams (when Roy comes back), I'm going to have a conniption. Miles put up, in one game, half of Roy's two year Cowboys totals.

I'd go w/ Williams and Austin. The Cowboys over paid for Williams but he's a solid WR who also blocks.

I agree, the only position Wade should have is DC.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
MAC16 said:
Vincesanity said:
dude they dont have any top tier players. on offense they have romo, barber, felix jones when he is healthy, jason witten.. roy williams isnt in the top 25 recievers in the league.. on defense they have newman and demarcus ware.. they are beat up and old.. they really arent that good of a team.

They also have Choice, Bennett, and a good OL. On defense they have the best NT in Ratliff, a very good ILB in James, and developing corners in Scandrick and Jenkins. They do have some older players but they aren't an old team.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
MAC16 said:
Vincesanity said:
DeMarcus Ware is old? Do you actually know who he is?

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
Daltonb1219 said:
Newman is not old either lol wow

He's only two years younger than Woodson so he is an older CB. Newman came into the league a few years older than most rc's. If they can get 2-3 more years from him that would be great.

Members online

Latest posts