Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I'd love to see Joe Torre get revenge on the Yankees in WS.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It would be sweet revenge for Joe Torre to lead the Dodgers to the World Series title over the Yankees.
I'm a Yankees fan, but I also like the Dodgers, and especially Andre Ethier, so I'd like to see Torre win it all in LA.

Jul 30, 2009
Id love to see a gang of Bronx rats nibble Kershaw's, Wolfe's, Padilla's, etc feet constantly while Torre sits on his hands and does nothing.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
I don't know how it would be revenge.

Torre was offered a one year contract by the Yankees, which he refused. A new start was just what he needed, with new players. I don't think there's any enmity between Torre and the Yankees. I bet he gets a great ovation in NY in the World Series, should we get another Dodgers-Yankees series.

David

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
leatherman said:

Torre was offered a one year contract by the Yankees, which he refused. A new start was just what he needed, with new players. I don't think there's any enmity between Torre and the Yankees. I bet he gets a great ovation in NY in the World Series, should we get another Dodgers-Yankees series.

David

Agreed 100%. It was time for both sides to move on. Torre is great at handling a clubhouse and dealing with players on a personal level, but when it comes to in-game management, it's actually hard to find someone worse, particularly when it comes to bullpen decisions.

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
leatherman said:

David

You must not be from the New York area. Torre has let it known that he was a bit insulted by the Yankees offer. He felt that he didn't have to play that game and be pressured that if he didn't take the team to the World Series that he would be fired. He didn't want that hanging over his head. He felt he deserved more respect than that after everything he did for the organization.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
George K said:
leatherman said:

David

You must not be from the New York area. Torre has let it known that he was a bit insulted by the Yankees offer. He felt that he didn't have to play that game and be pressured that if he didn't take the team to the World Series that he would be fired. He didn't want that hanging over his head. He felt he deserved more respect than that after everything he did for the organization.

I think Torre felt a false sense of entitlement at that point in time. The Yankees knew it was time to move on from the Joe Torre era. So did he. He just made it about himself. The Yankees offered him 5 million that year, with a 3 million incentive if he made the WS. Guess what? The highest paid manager the year before was Lou Piniella at 3.5 million overall. Boy, what an insult Joe. I guess the 7.5 mil you got that year was an insult too.

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
pujolsjunkie said:
George K said:
leatherman said:

David

I think Torre felt a false sense of entitlement at that point in time. The Yankees knew it was time to move on from the Joe Torre era. So did he. He just made it about himself. The Yankees offered him 5 million that year, with a 3 million incentive if he made the WS. Guess what? The highest paid manager the year before was Lou Piniella at 3.5 million overall. Boy, what an insult Joe. I guess the 7.5 mil you got that year was an insult too.

Hey, I agree with you. But that was Torre's tale.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
i think torre will get a great ovation when hes introduced. he never had a chance to say good bye to the fans. that said then its move on and lets play.
i think it would be great match up. :D

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Agreed what more could they have done for him. I was not sad to see him leave I thought Joes ego grew to epic proportions.
pujolsjunkie said:
George K said:
leatherman said:

David

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I'd love to see the Dodgers get past Philly before they start worrying about any kind of revenge factor.

Latest posts