Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Honest opinion... how many of you enjoy FCB on facebook?

Do you like what FCB does on Facebook

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
I do mind it, I have seen a few posts on there, that either I missed or were in a different forum than I usually frequent on here. I just don't like seeing duplicate posts; when FCB posts about a masonphillip blog and he does as well. Last time that happened though was Tuesday.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
i43770 said:
I do mind it, I have seen a few posts on there, that either I missed or were in a different forum than I usually frequent on here. I just don't like seeing duplicate posts; when FCB posts about a masonphillip blog and he does as well. Last time that happened though was Tuesday.

yeah, that happens because multiple people update the page.

I try to clean those up REALLY quick. Sucks that they happen though.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
gvsu96 said:
I either unsubscribed or ignored the posts finally. Most of what is posted here was being rehash on facebook. I don't want to read it twice.

I hear ya

lately we have been posting content from blogs though. Even articles from blogs like Wax Heaven and Stale Gum have been featured

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I dont use the FCB on facebook option since I am on here more than facebook during the day, but, I would agree with what others said about changing it.

I delete groups when they start to post the same thing again and again

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
HPC said:
I dont use the FCB on facebook option since I am on here more than facebook during the day, but, I would agree with what others said about changing it.

I delete groups when they start to post the same thing again and again

we have never posted the same thing twice on the facebook page

intentionally

when it happens by accident, we delete one

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
cgilmo said:
gvsu96 said:
I either unsubscribed or ignored the posts finally. Most of what is posted here was being rehash on facebook. I don't want to read it twice.

I hear ya

lately we have been posting content from blogs though. Even articles from blogs like Wax Heaven and Stale Gum have been featured

I come here for the coffee and the Morning Thread guys. I don't doubt that might be some informative post now and then on the facebook page, but really don't read too many blogs.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
gvsu96 said:
cgilmo said:
gvsu96 said:

I hear ya

I come here for the coffee and the Morning Thread guys. I don't doubt that might be some informative post now and then on the facebook page, but really don't read too many blogs.

hey

it isn't for everyone. Thanks for your input.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
cgilmo said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
Can't really select an option. I use facebook, but don't utelize the FCB page

well, if you loved it then you would probably use it

since you don't use it, you probably hate it :D

I don't know that I've ever really taken the time out to view it. I'm on here enough that I don't feel the facebook page is necessary for me personally.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
wolfmanalfredo said:
cgilmo said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

I don't know that I've ever really taken the time out to view it. I'm on here enough that I don't feel the facebook page is necessary for me personally.

Part of our strategy here is to go where the people are. And facebook and twitter are merely optional methods of content delivery available for those who want it, and those that value it. We use these tools to inform people of what's goin on, and to (attempt to) entertain. A very good side effect is that we gain brand recognition by the added exposure that they give. Facebook is a very visible media, and having your logo and news inserted into the news feed of your users is a very valuable thing. So valuable that we have purchased ad space from facebook for those that have "baseball cards" in their profile.

Would I like EVERYONE here to be a facebook fcb fan? Absolutely you bet I would. However social networking isn't for everyone and that is completely understandable. Use what you wanna use around here, and ignore the rest. Seriously just keep doin what you do and enjoy the community in whatever manner you see fit.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Didn't know FCB was on facebook. Couldn't be any more annoying than that Mafia Wars and Farmville crap, though

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
I had no idea fcb is on facebook. I'm not on facebook, and I can't see any reason why I would want to check out the facebook site when everything is here.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
wolfmanalfredo said:
cgilmo said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

+1, I use facebook for communicating with my friends and social network. I have never used it to incorporate my hobbies or "fan" type stuff - it's strictly to stay in touch with friends. Certainly not a knock against it, I certainly love the FCB site. I basically want to avoid having a cumbersome facebook page.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
JEA2880 said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
cgilmo said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

+1, I use facebook for communicating with my friends and social network. I have never used it to incorporate my hobbies or "fan" type stuff - it's strictly to stay in touch with friends. Certainly not a knock against it, I certainly love the FCB site. I basically want to avoid having a cumbersome facebook page.

Let hit you right back with a +1.