Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fixing the Wild Card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
Last week, there was A LOT of debate on NY Radio about if the WC should be fixed. In other words, is it too easy for the WC team to advance and is there really an advantage to the team playing the WC winner?

Personally, its too easy for the WC team to advance. Look at the history and youll see.

But whats the fix? No home games for the WC team?

I think Al Leiter proposed an additional WC team (2 total per league) and the team with the best record in the league getting a bye and then playing the winner of the WC playoff.

That to me sounds like a good idea. Thats a TRUE reward to the best team in Baseball. I would also add that the WC playoff winner gets only 2 home games (3-2-2).

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
no no and no

It isn't going to change and doesn't need to. The non wild card team already has a leg up with starting their series and home and having more home games. That is all that is needed, adding any more is over the top........

skrip

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
ballerskrip said:
no no and no

It isn't going to change and doesn't need to. The non wild card team already has a leg up with starting their series and home and having more home games. That is all that is needed, adding any more is over the top........

skrip

Yea. The point isn't to give the WC team no chance. Their "penalty" is playing the #1 team and starting on the road. A lot of seasons, the WC team is better than one of the other division winners.

Members online

Latest posts