Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pretty interesting news from UD today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
Spoke to Chris Carlin today and asked hima coupke of questions regarding 2010 UD Baseball products.

1. They are planning on having an all prospect product in early Summer (like SP Propsects or PP).

2. They are looking into getting prospetcs into their base UD series 2 issue.

3. Unless they heard the news, many collectors will not know that UD cant show logos on their 2010 card because of the photos. I assume this means blocking out logos with bats or player's arms, etc.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Was UD worth buying when they could use logos? I can't remember the last great baseball product that
UD has put out.

Kevin

Mizzourah

Aug 7, 2008
Missouri
schmidtfan20 said:
Was UD worth buying when they could use logos? I can't remember the last great baseball product that
UD has put out.

Kevin

::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

You just say the same rants over and over.

It gets old, seriously. It's not having any effect on me though...in my opinion you lost all credibility with your Howard>Pujols rant ;)

Jul 30, 2009
From what Ive seen in my shop this year, UD has put out one good product after another.

WaxHeaven

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
011873 said:
From what Ive seen in my shop this year, UD has put out one good product after another.

I've busted just about every UD product in 2008 & 2009 and many of them have been mediocre with the exception of Goudey, Masterpieces, the flagship, and that's about it.

Jul 30, 2009
schmidtfan20 said:
011873 said:

can you name just one?

No, Ill name a bunch.

1. UD2
2. SP Authentic
3. Goudey
4. Goodwins
5. Ball Park

Personally, the only HOBBY products I thought were garbage were LC and SPX.

Spectrum was ok, I like the buy backs which seemed to be coming out frequently as well as some of the better star autos. UD 1 was a nice basic issue with pricey SP's while POH wasnt anything special and way overkill on the non Baseball subjects.

I dont carry retail products like First Pitch or X or OPC but what do you expect from a retail product?

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Dell Sportcards said:
Simple answer if you don't like UD product don't buy very simple :D

I like there stuff

It does suck and you are right don't buy it ( I don't), my point is, Carlin is talking like collectors actually care
about UD baseball products, we don't, they suck. How can you have the resources that UD has, and not come
up with one solid product in 2 years?

Kevin

WaxHeaven

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
schmidtfan20 said:
Dell Sportcards said:

I like there stuff

It does suck and you are right don't buy it ( I don't), my point is, Carlin is talking like collectors actually care
about UD baseball products, we don't, they suck. How can you have the resources that UD has, and not come

Kevin

They have had some solid releases. You'd have to be blind or have an agenda to see that some of their products have been good, just not many.

angelsrockies4ever

Aug 7, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
Dell Sportcards said:

I like there stuff

Kevin
You're really annoying. Everyone gets it. You like Topps, specifically Topps Heritage.

UD has had many of great products, in my opinion. I feel I've never had a bad box of 07 Black. And did you think 08 Ballpark was bad?

WaxHeaven

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
angelsrockies4ever said:
schmidtfan20 said:
Dell Sportcards said:

I like there stuff

Kevin
You're really annoying. Everyone gets it. You like Topps, specifically Topps Heritage.

UD has had many of great products, in my opinion. I feel I've never had a bad box of 07 Black. And did you think 08 Ballpark was bad?

2007 Black, great designs... but if you've never seen a bad box you must not use YouTube. Holy cow!

All Ballpark releases have been terrible, in my opinion.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
It will be interesting to see the kind of baseball sets they print in 2010 with just the MLBPA license.

Hopefully they will come up with something different enough, even though they are probably losing mainstream interest because they won't be the official trading card company of Major League Baseball.

011873 said:
Spoke to Chris Carlin today and asked hima coupke of questions regarding 2010 UD Baseball products.

1. They are planning on having an all prospect product in early Summer (like SP Propsects or PP).

2. They are looking into getting prospetcs into their base UD series 2 issue.

3. Unless they heard the news, many collectors will not know that UD cant show logos on their 2010 card because of the photos. I assume this means blocking out logos with bats or player's arms, etc.

Jul 30, 2009
You did a pretty good job leaving out the following autos:

Youkillis
Jeter
Griffey
Pedroia
Kawakami
Beckham
Weiters
SAndoval
Hanson
Markakis
Porcello
Rasmus
Price
Johnson
Snider
Koji
Joba
Cain
Holliday
Hanley
Papelbon
Hamels
Tulo
Bruce
Lester
Laporta
Chipper

angelsrockies4ever

Aug 7, 2008
WaxHeaven said:
angelsrockies4ever said:
schmidtfan20 said:
Dell Sportcards said:

I like there stuff

Kevin

2007 Black, great designs... but if you've never seen a bad box you must not use YouTube. Holy cow!

Oh yeah, I know of horrible Black releases. But in my experience of busting at least 12 boxes, I've never had a really bad break.

WaxHeaven

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
angelsrockies4ever said:
WaxHeaven said:
angelsrockies4ever said:
schmidtfan20 said:
Dell Sportcards said:

I like there stuff

Kevin

Oh yeah, I know of horrible Black releases. But in my experience of busting at least 12 boxes, I've never had a really bad break.

Congrats, man. You have awesome luck.

Black could have been so legendary. It was simply beautiful.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I (almost) entirely agree. There must be some UD reps on this board or something.

schmidtfan20 said:
UD has put out.

Kevin

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I have not been a fan of Upper Crap for a while but really like Goodwin. I think it could rival Ginter one day.

angelsrockies4ever

Aug 7, 2008
WaxHeaven said:
angelsrockies4ever said:
WaxHeaven said:
angelsrockies4ever said:
schmidtfan20 said:
[quote="Dell Sportcards":dfrt1jhm]Simple answer if you don't like UD product don't buy very simple :D

I like there stuff

Kevin

Congrats, man. You have awesome luck.

Black could have been so legendary. It was simply beautiful.[/quote:dfrt1jhm]
Yeah, I've had tons of luck. This was a 5 Box stretch:
Lincecum Cain Dual (Sick) Patch Auto/15 (I think were selling at least 200 in season)
Jeter Dual Materials Auto
Griffey Auto Lustrous
Ripken Barrel Auto (my favorite set of all time)
sc000497b9.jpg
Curtis Granderson August Auto Quad Patch/25 along with an Iwamura 1/1 Auto

Don't remember the order, but it was pretty crazy the luck I kept having.

Members online