Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If the Cardinals traded pujols?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikieward10

Oct 1, 2008
I was just on mlbtraderumors.com and was reading an article about the cardinals. And the idea of trading pujols was brought up. Even though it would never happen. However out of curiousity i cant help but to think what they could get for him. So lets here what yall think the best deal the cardinals could get would be.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
mikieward10 said:
I was just on mlbtraderumors.com and was reading an article about the cardinals. And the idea of trading pujols was brought up. Even though it would never happen. However out of curiousity i cant help but to think what they could get for him. So lets here what yall think the best deal the cardinals could get would be.

I wouldnt want the Mariners to do this, but they could trade Hernandez+Ackley for him..

WaxHeaven

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
donrusscrusademan said:
mikieward10 said:

I wouldnt want the Mariners to do this, but they could trade Hernandez+Ackley for him..

Not enough.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
I would think this is a possibility in late 2011. The team may again trade off it's higher level prospects in exchange for help for another pennant run 2010, leaving the farm empty. If the Cards are out of it in 2011, they could theoretically trade Pujols for a young stud pitcher and 5 top minor league guys in some organization. It may sound ridiculous, but so is Albert.

The best part would be Albert resigning in St Louis with a replenished farm system.

mikieward10

Oct 1, 2008
Sam Banks said:
I read a few different articles today saying Pujols wasn't interested in talking about an extension anytime soon. Doesn't bode well.
Yeah i read the same thing Sam, it scares me

I know in this day and age big time players move from team to team. Still cant get over tha Arod is a yankee. He will always be a mariner to me. Same with Griffey. I can not in any way shape or form picture Pujols in another uniform. To let him go is basically saying, thanks for the trophy , best of luck. Just too insane to picture him in another uni.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Sam Banks said:
I read a few different articles today saying Pujols wasn't interested in talking about an extension anytime soon. Doesn't bode well.

I wouldn't read into it much. He is still a Cardinal for two more years. He wants to make sure they are committed to winning, I don't blame him. The front office knows it too. we really should see some ridiculous teams in the next two years, they've gotta pull out all the stops and bring home a championship. Holliday sticking around will be a big piece of Albert staying here forever. Albert has said many times that it's not about money, it's about winning. I'm confident he'll wear the birds on the bat til his last game.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
If the Cardinals traded Pujols there would be an enormous backlash against the organization. And if they let him walk, the same. Many fans already hate DimWitt and the current ownershit group. Could you imagine if they let Pujols go without exhausting every option? They have to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to keep him a lifer, or it will be very bad.

mikieward10

Oct 1, 2008
Sam Banks said:
If the Cardinals traded Pujols there would be an enormous backlash against the organization. And if they let him walk, the same. Many fans already hate DimWitt and the current *censor* group. Could you imagine if they let Pujols go without exhausting every option? They have to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to keep him a lifer, or it will be very bad.
To my understanding Dewitt has already made it clear that they will do everythig possible to keep pujols a cardinal for life, but its like albert said he wants to win i think next year decides what albert does. Which i think is good because it almost ensures we keep Holliday

mikieward10

Oct 1, 2008
Sam Banks said:
If Holliday doesn't out price himself. Isn't he a Boras client?
Indeed he is, but he likes it in Stl and i think he will fit in the budget considering the Glaus and Piniero will likely be gone and sorry Sam but Ank will likely be gone too. He wouldnt even talk to the media after cleaning out his locker

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
St. Louis is going to have to increase their payroll by a ton to sign up Holliday long term and re-sign Pujols. And to put a team around Pujols NOW to ensure we are competetive to keep him to stay. Something I am not convinced the ownership group is willing to do. But they surprised me with the Hollidsy trade, I never thought they would do that, so maybe they can surprise me here too. I will be sad to see Ank go, but he really doesn't help the team much. He will always have a huge place in my heart though for everything he went through and came back.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
I think to get Pujols, You would have to give up 2-3 young studs like a Hanley or Braun, plus some good AA talent. I am sure if he did hit te market, there would be many teams begging for him. I could see Boston or the Mets putting together some great offers.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
I would think that WHEN he gets traded would make a big difference. If it's now, with two years left on his contract, he could command a premium young star or two. If it's like the Sabathia situation with a half a season left before free agency, no one in their right mind is going to give up a Braun or Hanley type player.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Sam Banks said:
Could you imagine if they let Pujols go without exhausting every option? They have to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to keep him a lifer, or it will be very bad.

And sad!

I have a lot of respect for Pujols as a player and no hate for the Cards fans so as a baseball fan in general I'd love to see him as a Card for life.

Members online

Latest posts