Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Heyward...Buy, Hold or Sell at current prices?

Buy, Hold or Sell

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
For those that say "sell"...do you think his 08BC auto has little room to grow now at $40 a pop? Seems pretty reasonable for the clear #1 prospect in all of baseball...

koal

Aug 7, 2008
Messier2 said:
For those that say "sell"...do you think his 08BC auto has little room to grow now at $40 a pop? Seems pretty reasonable for the clear #1 prospect in all of baseball...

second year autos can suck it. buy the 07 EEE and sterling

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
koal said:
Messier2 said:

I used to think that way also but now I see more and more that Chrome (on card) autos are as popular as Sterling and Elite among collectors (and team collectors)...I would buy all 3 versions if I had the $$$.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Messier2 said:
koal said:
Messier2 said:

I used to think that way also but now I see more and more that Chrome (on card) autos are as popular as Sterling and Elite among collectors (and team collectors)...I would buy all 3 versions if I had the $$$.

I'm buying 07 and own a couple of 08's just because the deal was too good to pass up. Sterling refs and the Alfacs are the cards to own. Still tons of room for growth.

koal

Aug 7, 2008
love the aflac auto and i would like to get one graded to authenticate it but the dam centering on all of them would down the grade so much and i hate the authentic slabs.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
koal said:
love the aflac auto and i would like to get one graded to authenticate it but the dam centering on all of them would down the grade so much and i hate the authentic slabs.

I agree about the AFLAC auto. Got mine for $90 earlier and the auto is perfect! Watch out for those "bubbled up" autos...those are really sucky! lol

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali
Wow I was going to make this exact post a couple days ago. Weird.

I'm holding for now. On one hand, I feel like his prices are going to continue to climb, but at the same time, it's not worth the risk to keep buying as prices rise.

I'm sitting on a solid but not extravagant stash at the moment, and I may buy more if prices fall for some reason. But there's other guys with more room for safe growth in my opinion.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
I don't see much of anything he could do to really raise his prices exponentially aside from immediate success in the league next season. I think now would be the "safe" time to get out. If you have a good ROI on him, then move out enough to make a profit and the hold the rest in hopes that he pulls a Beckham to start next season.

Buying now is getting into the game way too late. Chances are good that he's not going to play anymore until he debuts with Atlanta if they decide to get aggressive with him. They cleared a path for him up there to make the team out of camp if his play dictates it. So the window might stay open until his debut, but the market may not be as hot then as it is now.... and if you hold into his debut you better be damn sure he's the real thing or else you're going to be holding a stack of negative equity.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I would say hold/buy

The #1 prospect in baseball, and his bowman chrome auto is $40?

When they hit $100 everyone will be saying.."remember when they were $40, damn I missed the boat".

It happens all of the time, and will happen here.

skrip

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
ballerskrip said:
I would say hold/buy

The #1 prospect in baseball, and his bowman chrome auto is $40?

When they hit $100 everyone will be saying.."remember when they were $40, damn I missed the boat".

It happens all of the time, and will happen here.

skrip

Check that...the last one went for $60...wow!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts