Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UD - Goodwin Short Prints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Shop owners and collectors celebrate the release of the new baseball card set

Carlsbad, CA (October 16, 2009) – The September release of 2009 MLB Goodwin Champions provided collectors with a memorable pack-opening experience by virtue of its beautiful vintage design and vast array of unique inserts that have the industry buzzing. Upper Deck sponsored more than 10 “Tailgate Parties” around the product’s release where shop owners received prize support and refreshments for their customers who came by to check out the new set.

Many collectors are chasing the set as the base card design has been extremely well received. To make things easier for collectors interested in putting the set together, Upper Deck is now announcing short-print information on the set. (click read more for the info)

[more]

Cards 1-150: Commonly seeded;
Cards 151-190: Short Prints (1:2 hobby packs on average);
Cards 191-210: Super Short Prints (2:1 hobby boxes on average); and
Cards 211-252: Mini High-Series Exclusives (42 of the 192 cards that create the mini card set).

What’s also noteworthy is that the mini parallels exist in the basic card format from cards 1-150 but then the final 42 cards in the set are only available in the mini card format. Foil versions of the mini parallels are limited to just 88 total sets. There is one other considerably more limited variation known as the “Moonlight” set that features the following players with a dark background and full moon behind them. Below is a listing of players that have this rare “Moonlight” parallel:

1 Ken Griffey Jr.
7 Ryne Sandberg
20 Grady Sizemore
44 Barack Obama
56 Ozzie Smith
65 Tiger Woods
69 Ichiro
74 Gerry Lopez
87 Andy Pettitte
101 Cal Ripken Jr.
106 Ryan Howard
115 Smarty Jones
126 Troy Tulowitzki
132 Chien-Ming ****
140 Gordie Howe

Some of the hard-signed autograph cards are also quite limited. Below is a listing of cards in the autograph set limited to 50 copies or less:

A-AG Adrian Gonzalez - 45
A-AK Al Kaline - 50
A-BO Bobby Orr - 25
A-CJ Chipper Jones - 25
A-CK Clayton Kershaw - 50
A-DE Dennis Eckersley - 50
A-DJ Derek Jeter - 25
A-EC Eric Chavez - 50
A-EL Evan Longoria - 25
A-GK Kevin Garnett - 25
A-GS Grady Sizemore - 50
A-HP Hunter Pence - 50
A-JC Joe Carter - 45
A-JO Jon Lester - 25
A-KG Ken Griffey Jr. - 25
A-KU Koji Uehara - 25
A-LA Ryan Braun - 50
A-LJ LeBron James - 25
A-MJ Michael Jordan - 23
A-NR Nolan Ryan - 25
A-OS Ozzie Smith - 50
A-PF Prince Fielder - 50
A-PM Paul Molitor - 50
A-RB Brooks Robinson - 50
A-RF Rollie Fingers - 50
A-RH Roy Halladay - 50
A-SD Stephen Drew - 50
A-TG Tony Gwynn - 25
A-WF Whitey Ford - 25
A-YA Kristi Yamaguchi - 49
A-ZG Zack Greinke - 25

Short prints on memorabilia cards with quantities of 100 copies or less are listed below:

GCM-BB Buffalo Bill Cody - 5
GCM-CU Chase Utley - 100
GCM-DI Joe DiMaggio - 20
GCM-JR Jose Reyes - 100
GCM-KF Kosuke Fukudome - 100
GCM-LY Lyndon Johnson - 5
GCM-MJ Michael Jordan - 50
GCM-PM Paul Molitor - 15
GCM-TW Ted Williams - 40

zep33

Aug 24, 2008
Cape Cod, Mass
Cool - thanks for the infor. I love this set

was nice to see this near the end of the release:

"We think collectors are going to fall in love with it all over again once the exchange cards for the Landmarks, Entomology and Thoroughbred cards when they start shipping out next month. Collectors have never seen anything like these and we know they will absolutely love them.”

I've pulled 1 of each so far and can't wait till I see them

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
zep33 said:
Cool - thanks for the infor. I love this set

was nice to see this near the end of the release:

"We think collectors are going to fall in love with it all over again once the exchange cards for the Landmarks, Entomology and Thoroughbred cards when they start shipping out next month. Collectors have never seen anything like these and we know they will absolutely love them.”

I've pulled 1 of each so far and can't wait till I see them

personally, i dont like bug card concept

but hey, whatever floats your boat

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
start shipping next month??? So UD didn't have these cards anyway. The US only thing was just a story.

Some surprising names on the SP auto list.

Kevin

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
pujolsthomefan33 said:
schmidtfan20 said:
start shipping next month??? So UD didn't have these cards anyway. The US only thing was just a story.

Kevin

What do you mean????

I mean, this product was delayed a few times and when we finally opened it all the bug and hair cards (which everyone
was looking forward to) were redemption. Could UD could out with a product in which all the case hits were
redemptions? I was told by many people on here that they couldn't send bugs and stuff overseas, so that
explained the redemptions, well know we learn that UD doesn't even have the cards yet. UD+redemptions=not good.

Kevin

A_Pharis

schmidtfan20 said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

What do you mean????

I mean, this product was delayed a few times and when we finally opened it all the bug and hair cards (which everyone
was looking forward to) were redemption. Could UD could out with a product in which all the case hits were
redemptions? I was told by many people on here that they couldn't send bugs and stuff overseas, so that
explained the redemptions, well know we learn that UD doesn't even have the cards yet. UD+redemptions=not good.

Kevin

Horse hair and insects were probably done as redemptions, because of their fragility. THat, and they know they won't have to make a card for EVERY redemption since some will expire or just not be redeemed. Why go through the trouble of preserving and insect or hair when it won't be needed? The same reason a lot of REALLY high end cuts aren't put into packs.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

What do you mean????

Kevin

They had bugs and horse hair at the National. They also had copies of the cards to go in the set, the cards are as thick as 15 cards or so. They wouldn't fit in packs.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
beefycheddar said:
They had bugs and horse hair at the National. They also had copies of the cards to go in the set, the cards are as thick as 15 cards or so. They wouldn't fit in packs.

any images of them available?

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
I'm very happy with this announcement... :D

chippergoodwinauto.jpg

King_Felix_4_CY

Sep 1, 2009
Gander, Newfoundland Canada
I was lucky enough to get a Halladay/50 and a Chavez/50...both from Allincards' group breaks! Thanks, FCB!

As far as the redemption thing goes, it is only the bug cards that can't be redeemed in Canada. I have 2 Thoroughbred cards and a Landmarks card pending redemption at upper deck, a Felix auto too, which they say is in stock and will ship soon. I am collecting the 20th anniversary memorabilia cards as well, for which I would love to get a checklist. I emailed upper deck, but no response :( I have 20 of them now :)

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
I assume the Landmarks are the best of the 3 redemption types? Congrats on all the sp's you guys!

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Warren's All Stars said:
I assume the Landmarks are the best of the 3 redemption types? Congrats on all the sp's you guys!

I would think the landmark's are last out of the bug's, horse-hair, & landmark redemption's. But that is just my opinion, I've not followed the SV's (except for the bug's, since I got 1 in AIC's break). :D

Members online

No members online now.