Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pens re-assign (G) John Curry to WBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
the Penguins re-assigned goalie John Curry to the WBS Pens today clearing a roster spot for starting goalie Marc-Andre Fleury :D . MAF was cleared by his doctor and the team doctor to play earlier this week and he said he needed to work on his conditioning and timing but he would be ready soon. there is no mention of him starting tomorrow in Filthadelpia so he may be the backup but he is expected to start Thursday night in Atlanta.

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto
nothing worse than seeing a kid who doesn't deserve to be sent down after playing well...hopefully it doesn't hurt his confidence...nice to know you have a solid backup,or 2, if fleury starts slumping..which has been known to happen

G

Autismic said:
nothing worse than seeing a kid who doesn't deserve to be sent down after playing well...hopefully it doesn't hurt his confidence...nice to know you have a solid backup,or 2, if fleury starts slumping..which has been known to happen
It needed to be done. The Pens are so beat up that there's a lot of ups and downs of the playerrs to WBS now. Peso wasn't affected (couple of assists the other day).

By the way, I like Wallace, Dave. He hustles a ton and reminds me a lot of my boy TiKi.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Wallace has a lot of heart and shows how much he loves playing the game.

as for Pesonen I am not sure what's going on with him. he doesn't seem to feel comfortable out there but every time he gets sent back he scores a goal or has a few assists for the WBS Pens and he scored a goal last night. I guess he just needs to stay here and play a couple of weeks and get used to the NHL.

G

pghbuccos said:
Wallace has a lot of heart and shows how much he loves playing the game.

as for Pesonen I am not sure what's going on with him. he doesn't seem to feel comfortable out there but every time he gets sent back he scores a goal or has a few assists for the WBS Pens and he scored a goal last night. I guess he just needs to stay here and play a couple of weeks and get used to the NHL.
That and also, MT needs to play him on a line other than the 4th. 3 minutes a game on the 4th line isn't going to teach him anything about the NHL.

G

Autismic said:
Not a great game vs Philly this afternoon..Terrible second...3 goals on 6 shots
I'm glad I missed the game. I had a bball game and had it taped, didn't even bother watching.

Fast forwarded to where Hartnell got destroyed though, good stuff.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
that was a bad game. Sabs was out of place too many times again today. I don't know what happened to him. he seems to be going after the puck too much instead of letting it come to him like he was when Fleury first got injured. oh well MAF will be back Thursday night when the Pens face the Thrashers :D .

Members online

Latest posts