Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shill bidding at its finest-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
I would like to get this card for the set I am SLOWLY trying to put together. This guy isn't even trying to hide the fact that he is bidding his own auction up-Check the bid history of the guy with 5 feedback, 100% bids with same seller and 130 bid retractions. I know it goes on but when its a cards you really want.. its annoying.. at least its not a fake.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHNNY-BENCH-AU...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2c514d2f27

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
I just reported 20 auctions. Here is the shill bidders account:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... llFeedback

Also sent this message to the seller, can't wait to see his reply:

Is there any way you could stop shill bidding up your auctions? If you want to get a certain price out of a card while don't you just start them for that price or do the Buy It Now option? When you have a bidder with 5 feedback (xvpiet_tori), all their feedback is from you and they only bid on and retract bids from your auctions, it is pretty obvious. So if you could stop this, you would probably get more bids. But you have been called out on a card message board I go to, so most likely you just cost yourself quite a bit of money.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
saddest part is, it used to only take one reporting, and the guy would be gone, now we have strength in numbers and nothing gets done. but if i log into ebay from my girls house 4 miles away, i have to change my password, etc cus they think im being scammed.
sigh on ebay...

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
i43770 said:

Is there any way you could stop shill bidding up your auctions? If you want to get a certain price out of a card while don't you just start them for that price or do the Buy It Now option? When you have a bidder with 5 feedback (xvpiet_tori), all their feedback is from you and they only bid on and retract bids from your auctions, it is pretty obvious. So if you could stop this, you would probably get more bids. But you have been called out on a card message board I go to, so most likely you just cost yourself quite a bit of money.

Here is his response to my message:

I'd like to thank you for learning as much as you could about this siutation because what appears so obvious and clear - always isnt.
For the record, I am going thru a divorce and have been ordered by the court to sell my entire card collection, of which the ENTIRE proceeds go to ex-wife (would you like here to send you an meail so you can verify IP address and see she's in a completely different state). Ex-wife is bidding up items - she get proceeds - not me. So I could care less if NOTHING SELLS. UNDERSTAND I DON'T GET ANY MONEY HERE. I have a court date this week to get a cease and desist order from stopping her from using Ebay. (would you like a copy of my court papers?) Furthermore, what initially appeared to be a good faith effort by her to purchase some cards, get positive feedback on honesty purchases, and return them in good faith - only lead to her learing to work the system for her gain. I could care less if I never sold ANYTHING ON EBAY EVER AGAIN!!!! I've had my long standing good reputation ruined and THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR FURTHER COMPLICATING MY PROBLEMS - YOU COULD HAVE MENTIONED THIS AWHILE COWBOY.

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL
i43770 said:
i43770 said:

I'd like to thank you for learning as much as you could about this siutation because what appears so obvious and clear - always isnt.
For the record, I am going thru a divorce and have been ordered by the court to sell my entire card collection, of which the ENTIRE proceeds go to ex-wife (would you like here to send you an meail so you can verify IP address and see she's in a completely different state). Ex-wife is bidding up items - she get proceeds - not me. So I could care less if NOTHING SELLS. UNDERSTAND I DON'T GET ANY MONEY HERE. I have a court date this week to get a cease and desist order from stopping her from using Ebay. (would you like a copy of my court papers?) Furthermore, what initially appeared to be a good faith effort by her to purchase some cards, get positive feedback on honesty purchases, and return them in good faith - only lead to her learing to work the system for her gain. I could care less if I never sold ANYTHING ON EBAY EVER AGAIN!!!! I've had my long standing good reputation ruined and THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR FURTHER COMPLICATING MY PROBLEMS - YOU COULD HAVE MENTIONED THIS AWHILE COWBOY.

If that's the case, respond and tell him he can block a bidder. AKA. He's full of shat.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
baseballguy350 said:
i43770 said:
i43770 said:

If that's the case, respond and tell him he can block a bidder. AKA. He's full of shat.

I didn't even think of that one. I reply to inform him that he was still shill bidding when he was allowing her to bid, I quoted the Shill Bidding Policy:

Friends and people you know who'd like to buy your items may do so as long as they use a fixed price option. Bidding on your item for any other reason isn't permitted.

zep33

Aug 24, 2008
Cape Cod, Mass
Even with his lame explanation, it's still illegal to Ebay. And if she is doing it, he should welcome the reports of shilling to Ebay. He could then tell the courts what she is doing.

I don't buy any of it though

Members online

Latest posts