Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hmmm...how do they make these- AUTHENTICARTcard ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
I would imagine they use signed index cards and create a custom design which they print onto the otherwise blank card.
It would require some careful layout and a few test printings before using the actual auto'd card.

Pretty clever idea, but I doubt they could patent it, as they claim in their listing.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Jeff D said:
I would imagine they use signed index cards and create a custom design which they print onto the otherwise blank card.
It would require some careful designing and a few test printings before using the actual auto'd card.

Pretty clever idea, but I doubt they could patent it.

...makes sense, I'm just not creative enough to think that through.... ::facepalm::

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
It's actually fairly easy to do as most printers have such a slight "jog" that lining these up will be 99% consistent. Obviously, looking at the fade around the autograph they have built in enough "wiggle room."

Probably something from 1/8" around the autograph would be enough for virtually any printer, others would print tighter.

My first custom about four years ago was done similar to this way.

In regards to the "patent" - there is a difference between filing for a patent and actually receiving the patent. Without the patent number, it's clearly in the long application process if at all.

Members online

Latest posts