Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dear Joe Girardi:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
Its safe to say it is time to sit Nick Swisher. Afterall, his average is approaching his uniform number.

I guess I shouldnt be too shocked, I mean he did only hit .250 this year and I would guess he got most of his power numbers against average to nothing pitchers and teams.

You dont face crappy teams or pitchers in the playoffs (for the most part) and Nick is proving he cant hit quality on a reg basis.

Heres my suggestion: play Gardner. Yes I know his numbers as a whole cant compare to Swishers but thats not his game. When he gets on, he causes havoc with the pitcher, fielders and catcher. Nothing is a given but a walk or hit is like a double with him on the bases.

If the plan WASNT to play Gardner if Melky or Swisher or Damon dont hit, then why did they also add Guzman? Guy is all speed, no hit.

Sorry had to vent and before any genius mentions Tex's batting average, please refer to his season numbers and fielding greatness.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
011873 said:
Its safe to say it is time to sit Nick Swisher. Afterall, his average is approaching his uniform number.

I guess I shouldnt be too shocked, I mean he did only hit .250 this year and I would guess he got most of his power numbers against average to nothing pitchers and teams.

You dont face crappy teams or pitchers in the playoffs (for the most part) and Nick is proving he cant hit quality on a reg basis.

Heres my suggestion: play Gardner. Yes I know his numbers as a whole cant compare to Swishers but thats not his game. When he gets on, he causes havoc with the pitcher, fielders and catcher. Nothing is a given but a walk or hit is like a double with him on the bases.

If the plan WASNT to play Gardner if Melky or Swisher or Damon dont hit, then why did they also add Guzman? Guy is all speed, no hit.

Sorry had to vent and before any genius mentions Tex's batting average, please refer to his season numbers and fielding greatness.
The flaw in your plan is bolded. Gardner doesn't "battle" the pitcher nearly as hard as Swisher does, and probably wouldn't be more valuable than Swisher over 4-5 plate appearances.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts