Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Congrats to the Phillies - soothing the pain, T206 style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I posted this in the PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thread, but I wanted to post to the board at large. A gut-churning, bitter, galling defeat demanded some vintage retail therapy.

Years ago when I got back into collecting, I only collected vintage. The past several years, I got so focused on the newer 'retro' sets (Heritage, Turkey Red, A&G, etc.) and my Butler collection that I seriously can't remember the last time I got some nice old cardboard.

A few days ago I picked up a couple of T206 Brooklyn Superbas in rough shape for a pretty good price. These should be here tomorrow (hopefully):

T206bergen.jpg T206wilhelm.jpg

Around 10 minutes ago I splurged for this little beauty - it'll be the nicest T206 I've got once it gets here:

T206jordan.jpg.

After the three arrive, I'll have 16 of the 27 Brooklyn cards in the T206 set. I think it's gonna feel real nice to touch some new (to me) vintage. They're going to look great with these - can't wait!

T206.jpg

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Applying some balm to bitter loss by the Dodgers: T206 style

thumbs_up.jpg

Awesome, congrats....and best of luck obtaining the other 11 cards in the team set! :)

Lovin that McIntyre by the way! (And that Jordan is in fantastic condition!)

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL

d_3176.jpg

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209

Received my first vintage in a couple years in yesterday's mail. The back of the Bergen was completely covered in some sort of brown paper of unknown vintage. A little water and careful use of a knife to pry the paper off revealed a Sweet Caporal, 150 Subjects, Factory 30 back. Pretty freakin' sweet! :D
206bergenbatting.jpg
206wilhelmhandsatchest.jpg

Here's a group shot of the 15 Brooklyn Superbas in hand:
T206.JPG

Here's a page I set up to show individual shots of the T205, T206 and 1933 Goudey that are in hand, plus dimmed shots of the cards I still need:

Prewar showoff page

Members online

Latest posts